Four

"No!"
Lance's scream bounces off the walls and he wakes drenched in sweat. He faintly smells the smell of the cigarettes and stale beer. Lance sits up with his head in his hands. He takes deep breaths to calm down. Lance has had the same dream for the past 4 days. He glances at the clock on his nightstand. 3:30. Lance has a meeting tomorrow..today..and he needs to clear his head. Dang...what Lance would kill to have a good night's sleep. And he has a round of fucking golf with Matt. Lance considers canceling. The thought of playing and losing darkends Lance's already bleak mood.

Lance pads out of his room and into the kitchen. He gets a glass and fills it with water. He looks into the glass wall. His reflection stares back at him. Lance turns away in disgust.

You turned him down.

He wanted you.

Stupid Mclain. STUPID.
This has been needling Lance. All he ever thinks about is Keith. His beautiful face appears in his mind. It taunts him. If only Hunk was back from his trip. He would call him. Then maybe he can stop feeling so lousy.

He's just a pretty person Mclain.

Perhaps Lance needs a distraction. A big one. Maybe he just forget about Keith and find a new sub. It's been too long since Lana left. Lance considers calling Allura in the morning. She always find subs candidates for him. But the truth is Lance doesn't anyone new. He wants Keith.

Keith's disappointment, his wounded indignation and his contempt remain with Lance. Keith walked away without a backwards glance. Maybe Lance got his hopes up by asking him to coffee. But in the end left him disappointed. Maybe Lance should find a way to apologize to Keith. Apologize and get over the whole sorry episode and forget about Keith. Lance sighs. No way he could ever forget about Keith.

Lance leaves the glass in the sink and trudges back to bed.

~~~~~~~~~

The radio alarm beeps as Lance's stares at the ceiling. Great. Lance didn't get a single wink of sleep and he's exhausted.

Fuck. This is ridiculous!

The announcements on the radio is a welcome distraction until the second one pops up. It's about milk.

He's lactose intolerant.

Jesus. Even the radio reminds Lance of Keith.

Lance sits up and rubs his face. He trudges out of bed and into his bathroom. He avoids looking the mirror knowing how he looks. These sleepless nights are gonna be the end of him. And Keith. That man just won't get out of Lance's head.

.............

Lance gazes out the car window as streets and buildings pass by.

"Mr Mclain, we're here." lance's driver says as he opens the door,

Lance steps out , and fasten his tie heading into the building.

"Good morning Mr Mclain."

"Morning."

"Morning sir, Veronica wants to have a meeting and-"

Lance puts up his finger to silence his assistant Nyma,

"I need you put Rolo on the line, and find out when Hunk is coming back. Once I've settled things with Rolo we can resume the day's schedule."

"Yes sir,"

"And give me an espresso please"

"Milk?"

"No thank you,"

Nyma smiles to herself retreating. She's the best PA Lance has ever had. And she doesn't oggle him like the other ladies on the department.

Lance strolls into his office sitting down with Rolo on the line.