Chapter 6- It's okay to cry

Start from the beginning

"Something sure is gonna change." Pony said with a smile.

"What's that pony?" Johnny asked worryingly. I could tell by the look on his face that he knew what was coming.

"Your hair. We need to cut it," Pony practically yelled with glee. My soft smile soon turned into a devilish grin.
"Do you wanna do the honors Kerri?" Pony smirked, pulling out his switch.

"It would be my pleasure." I replied, taking it from his hands. "Come on Johnnycake." I said.

He hesitantly walked closer to me, so I pulled him closer, stopping him in the front of me.

"Be nice." Johnny pleaded. I began cutting without warning. Johnnys face showed pain and embarrassments, I couldn't see it, but Pony's laughter seemed to be all I needed as proof.

"Ow. Kerri, why're you pullin' so hard." Johnny winced. I giggled under my breath as a reply.

5 minutes later, he was done. Hair laid on the grass, and Johnny looked like Johnny with shorter hair. I really didn't fully understand why we had to do this. Yes, our pictures would be in the paper. But hair is hair. We'd still look like us without it.

When we walked back inside, the sky was getting darker, colder. But stars began to appear next to one another, being the only light source we needed. Crickets chirped as the area laid silent. It was like Mother Nature's music. It was beautiful.

Though that soon changed when I heard Pony begin to cry. I walked into the room that they lay in, and sat down with them. Just to find out if Pony was okay or not.

"Look I'm sorry about your hair Ponyboy." Johnny said sympathetically.

"Well it ain't that." Pony murmured almost inaudible.

"Then what is it Ponyboy." I asked in a soft voice. I placed my hand on his knee and looked him in the eyes. Pain. That's all that I saw. Pain.

"I don't know. I'm all mixed up." He snapped. I pulled away from him, and just studied him. I could tell he was holding back tears. It's not healthy. Plus, it's only Johnny and I.

"Hey. It's okay to cry." I explained with a smile. I know I said tough people don't cry, but tough people who cry only show you that they've been holding it in for to long. That they've been tough for to long. That they need a friend.

"Pony. It's okay to cry." I repeated myself in the exact same way and tone as before. But this time, streams of tears began to pour down not only Pony's, but Johnny's faces.

"Things where just happenin' so fast." Johnny sobbed. I pulled Johnny into a tight hug along with Ponyboy. Smiles faintly appeared onto both of their damp faces.

"Remember how Two-Bit was wisecracking last night?" Pony sadly said with a smile on his face, pulling away from the hug, Johnny following shortly after.

"Just last night we were walking Cherry and Marcia home from the Movies." He continued. Johnny looked on edge, uncomfortable.

"Just last night we were showin' you Kerri around the lot lookin' at the stars."

Johnny snapped. "Stop it. Just shut up about last night!"

"Johnny." Pony and I said in Unison.

"I killed a kid last night. He couldn't have been 17 maybe 18 years old and I killed em'. How would you like to love with that huh? I didn't mean too. He was drownin' you, and I had to get to Kerri before something worse could've happened. I didn't know what to do." He sobbed.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked, beginning to cry myself. I was scared too.

"Oh, man. It's all my fault for bringin' 13 year old kids along. You otta go home Ponyboy, You can't get in anymore trouble, I mean you didn't kill him. And Kerri doesn't even have a home to go to. She'll be thrown into some girls home for all I know!" Johnny snapped.