Black Equation - Chapter 7*

Start from the beginning

The motorcycle roared angrily as Jared pushed its limit. He didn't know where Faye was headed, but would find her. He was so sure of it. With the pin nearing 150kph in his speedometer, he could roam around the outskirts of the whole town in less than three, no, two hours.

*****

Faye clutched her jacket closer to her as she made her way towards the middle of the park. She looked collected, and her eyes were fierce.

"You actually came alone."

"Of course," she replied calmly, despite the danger Hanade posted. He was sitting on one of the stone benches in a laid back manner, earphones on both his ears, with a small black laptop beside him. On the other hand, Faye looked stiff, as she stood two strides away from him, a big frown on her soft face. Hanade stared at her, while removing his iPod and putting it inside his bag.

"You don't look afraid," he stated in a tone a person would normally use when commenting on someone's clothes.

"I'm not."

"You look curious."

"I am."

"Interesting," he said in a monotonous voice. He stood up and approached Faye. He towered over her, with a scary look in his eyes, but she didn't even flinch. "That's nice. I don't want to kill someone helpless."

"You do kill."

"And?"

"I want to ask you something."

"You are in no position to do so."

"You can kill me afterward."

"I can kill you now."

"Can't you just listen?"

He sneered but then arched his brows. "Well?"

"You can kill me to silence me, but you need to surrender yourself to the cops. Murder is a crime. You need to repent."

He didn't just laugh, he guffawed like jester, holding his tummy with both hands. He almost rolled to the ground. His laughter was glorious; it didn't seem right coming from a killer. It took him a full minute to pull himself together. "You got me. That was damn funny."

"I'm serious," Faye snapped, her hands crossed on her chest. Upon seeing her reaction, Hanade matched his face with hers.

"Hey! Hic. Seem to be fun, you two, hic!" a blonde lanky stranger shouted to them, carrying a bottle of beer. "Can we join in?"  

"Oohh.. this girl's hot! She's got nice curves... Give her to me kid!" Two rugged men appeared behind her, capturing her arms before she got the chance to run away.

The first guy tore her jacket away.

"Let go!" she shrieked, fighting back from her captors. She turned towards Hanade, who was standing unfazed and simply watching her. "Hanade! Help me!"

"Why should I?" he retorted.

"Heh. The kid got good sense. Now, don't be nasty my lil’ kitty. Let me savor you..."

Before the man got any from her, she managed to hit him in the groin. He slapped her back with a force that could probably break her jaw. He pushed her to the ground, but she remained fighting. Her face never showed a sign of terror nor helplessness despite the men's intentions towards her. In an instant, the man on top of her disappeared. Hanade threw him away single-handedly. The other men brought out knives, and rushed to him, but they were no match to him.

Faye sat half-naked on the ground, rendered immobile as her eyes were caught up by the monstrous strength Hanade possessed. He was calm in spite of the advantage the swearing armed men had towards him.

"Hanade!" she whimpered.

He only removed his attention from the men for a second, but they were all up and charging at him with knives. Although he dodged, one managed to wound his right cheek.

That moment, Faye felt a chill fill her body. She felt a dread she never experienced before. Hanade's eyes became dark and hard, the way they were the first time she saw him. She knew what's going to happen next.

He would eliminate them.

"No!" But she was too late. Hanade gripped one's neck, and squeezed it. All of a sudden, the man's body burst into flames Not just ordinary flames, but the majestic blue flames she saw last night. The man screamed, and tried to claw away the fire slowly eating his flesh. The other men were as terrified as him.

"Monster!" one yelled, before Hanade caught him.

All three men turned to ashes before her very eyes. She couldn't believe it. They died, just like that.

"Why did you kill them?!" she shrieked as she stood up. She marched to Hanade, and held his collar, pulling himself closer to her. "What if they had a family waiting for them? They were drunk!"

"Aren't you suppose to be thanking me?" he commented, easily removing her hands off him.

"Thank you for saving me but still –"

"I dispose garbage like them. They are the trash of society. After what they almost did to you, wouldn't you be happy to know they're dead?"

"I'm not!" she shouted back. Tears streamed her face. "How could you take life for granted? If they did something wrong, leave them to the police! You are the same yourself! Now that you took their lives, you are part of those trashes you're speaking of!"

"I know... I am a murderer after all." His expression suddenly changed. He looked terribly sad and exhausted, like he wished this was just a nightmare that would soon end. It was a part of him she wasn't aware of, until now.

Her knees wobbled. All the sleepless nights and the stress that accumulated came crashing down at her. Before she was aware of it, she was swallowed by darkness.

"Sleep tight, Selena..."