Susie x Artist! Reader

Hahah- I'm gonna unleash my gayness on this one lmao. This is for cassheyu (same username on Instagram I think. So check her art out, she's very talented!)
Anyways, I really hope you enjoy huhuhu.

Five years.

It's been five years since you've lived in this town. You and your family moved over during Christmas, and since Christmas is on its way, so is your anniversary of living in Hometown. As the only human family in the district, it was quite interesting to see how your family adjusted. Your mother was the Mayor's right hand, so you were quite well known. (But you don't count that as popularity because it's not that hard to actually get to know every single resident in the town, lol.) The Mayors daughter, Noelle Holiday, comes over to your house pretty often and you both study and play together. She's like the sister you never had, and since you were an only child, you were grateful to her being in your life. But there was one problem.

She liked Susie.

You didn't know how to deal with that, and you didn't dare tell her about how much you liked Susie. You didn't want her to hate you, but you knew that this was going to be hopeless. You didn't know whether to just keep feeling the way you are towards Susie, or to just tell Noelle and get over her. You constantly put yourself down about it, saying things about "She'll probably like Noelle better anyways since she's a monster." And other things.

"Y-y/N?"

You look toward the voice, not really paying attention to who it was or why they wanted you. It was Noelle, she had a smile on her face that was contorted into worry. "Yeah Noelle?" You say, in a down voice, but okay enough so that Noelle may not worry about you. "You spilt paint all over yourself. Lost in thoughts?"

Oh, that's right.

You were sitting down at the bench next to the little cemetery at the back of the church. (I know it's to the left but SHH) You had a canvas in front of you, your right hand holding a paintbrush. You look down at your white shirt and ripped jeans. "Oh crud, I just had to wear white today didn't I..?" Noelle smiles. "Haha, that's okay. When mom opens the house door tonight, I'll be sure to make you a beautiful Christmas sweater. How does that sound?" You knew how great Noelle was at crocheting. " That sounds wonderful." Noelle nods and leaves you be. You look at Noelle in fear. Noelle was beautiful, inside and out and you knew that you weren't the only one who saw it. You honestly didn't know how to describe yourself, Much less compare yourself to her. You knew that Noelle turns heads, even if she didn't know it. You look back at the painting.

You were painting Susie.

You put your brush down and look down at your knees. You feel dread creeping in your heart, squeezing it until it mentally and physically hurt. Tears.

You felt tears creeping down your face. Warm and true. You wipe them away quickly, but the bad thoughts kept coming and coming, the tears kept running and running, you wipe them away as much as you can until-

A hand grabs your wrist, and another pats your shoulder.

"Y/N...are you okay?"

Susie

"Oh shit" You wipe away the last of your tears and nod profusely. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine.." Susie waves away the hair that was in her face. "You don't look okay." She proceeded to sit down on the bench with you and looked at the painting you did. "Wow, I've never been drawn before. Did you do that?" You nod, hoping she didn't think you were an idiot. "You're very talented Y/N, I hope you know that." You look down, still thinking of Noelle.

"You know, I've always taken a liking to you, Y/N."

You snap out of your thoughts and look at Susie, your head still down and your face still wet from tears. "Why is that?" Susie smiles and jabs you playfully in the stomach. "Am I not allowed to?" "Nonono, you're allowed I just want to-"

Did you literally just tell Susie to like you?

Shit

"N-not in that way I mean-" "Nono, that's good to know haha"
You look at Susie and she looks back. You see her eyes for the first time, the wind blowing her hair to the back of her head.

"Woah..."

"What?" Susie says, confused. You cover your mouth. You didn't mean to say that out loud. "N-nothing! You heard nothing at all!" "Riiiight-" "yOU HEARD NOTHINGGG-!" "okay okay I heard nothing!" Susie cracks up laughing. She couldn't help but laugh at how very flustered you were.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"So you want to go to the dance with me?"

Ohhh Fuck yeah.

You wanted to say. But you just said a mere "Yeah, sure!" And you were happy, and she was happy. And you both sat there, enjoying eachothers company.

With the smiling, yet disappointed Noelle looking ahead toward you both.

END