Chapter 1

I hacked at the iron, feeling tired, but determined to get the vein. Suddenly, I felt my stone pickaxe break. Gosh darn it, that was the third today.

"Motir?" I asked, turning around to look at my friend. He was picking up our crafting table and furnaces. I hadn't realized that the time was so late in the day. Already time to go home.

"Yeah?" My friend asked.

"I need to borrow your pickaxe to finish this vein."

"Sure," he said, tossing it to me.

I picked it up and swung at the iron.

After I broke the piece, instead of seeing a new one, I was looking into a room.

"Motir!" I hissed.

My friend was by my side in a second. "What is it, Ender?"

"Look!" I pointed into the room.

"Is that a dungeon?" Motir wondered. "Sweet!"

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

"How-"

"Shh!" I hissed quickly. "I hear voices."

Motir shut up instantly and listened.

"-didn't go so well," a voice inside the room said. If I looked inside, I could see a pair of legs pacing the room.

"Gregor told me once to not use sticky pistons with carpet if you're going to be stepping on it," another voice replied.

Gregor? I thought. The guy who died fighting Herobrine?

Everyone knew who Gregor was. Herobrine gloated about his death many times when he sent messages to the villages.

"Do you want to end up like Gregor?" He'd ask. "A Gregor sized feat, really."

"Do you hear someone?" One of the voices asked.

The block under our small window broke, and before we knew what was happening, Motir and I were being yanked into the room.

I groaned and looked up into a pair of focus I'd seen on Wanted posters.

They were the renounced Resistance leaders, Ben and Ridge.