Chapter Twenty Four:

Cheryl's POV

I was left dumbfounded by the front door, stood staring for what felt like eternity where Kimberley had just been stood. Hot tears raced down my cheeks and I let out a sob. She is the only other friend I have. Imogen will be heartbroken. I feel a pang of guilt fire through me. Maybe if I didn't initiate it in the first place, she wouldn't have got the wrong idea and we wouldn't be in this mess.

I don't know what I'm supposed to tell Imogen when she comes home from her dads. She's going to be devastated. She's so close to Kimberley, she dotes on her. I knew Kimberley would have to leave at some point but not this abrupt. I make my way upstairs to get ready for work on autopilot mode. People have come in and out of my life all the time, said they'd be there and then left me. I didn't think Kimberley would be one of those people and I had gotten used to people coming and going and it got to the point where I shrugged my shoulders and got on with my life but right now I already feel like a part of me is missing.

* *

"Cheer up, chuck" Sarah said poking me in the side. "What's up?"

"Kimberley..she's leaving"

"What? Already? I thought she was on her break"

"She is"

"I don't understand" Sarah said pulling me into the office away from the loud noise and rowdiness of the club and it's punters.

"She's continuing her break back in London"

"But why? I thought she wanted space from London"

"So did I but she said that she can't do this anymore, see me with Mason"

"I see, I guess it's not just a crush then. I thought it was, I figured she'd get over it" Sarah said softly.

"So did I" I whispered, tears threatening to fall.

"Maybe we should just talk to her, tomorrow?"

"Yeah good idea"

"Come on, we've only got two hours of our shift left. We can go back to yours and order a pizza, yeah?"

"Yeah" I agreed and Sarah pulled me into a hug.

"Try not to worry too much. She's probably just upset"

"I hope so. I knew she'd have to go eventually but I didn't think she'd just spring it on me so quickly. It sounded like she didn't want anything to do with me anymore"

"Now I'm sure that's not true. She's probably just hurting a little. We'll talk to her, yeah?"

"Okay" I nodded and Sarah let go of me and wiped my tears with her thumbs.

* * *

Kimberley's POV.

I had packed up my things that I wanted to take with me back to London, there wasn't really much as I didn't really take much with me in the first place, I bought it all new, thinking I'd be here much longer. I felt so bad for just telling Cheryl I was leaving. I knew it was going to tear Imogen apart. She's grown close to me, I loved her to bits. I'd phoned Hillary and informed her that I was going to be living back in London and to find someone to rent my flat out here. I couldn't bare to be near Cheryl anymore knowing I couldn't have her the way I wanted to, to have more than a friendship. It was breaking me even more each time I heard about her and Mason. He really did seen perfect for her and as much as I took a disliking to him, for obvious reasons, he didn't seem like a bad man, he was actually very nice and sweet. She deserves someone better.

After I had finished sorting out my things, I decided to head up to bed, my last night here as I wanted to leave tomorrow. The quicker I go the better. I'd packed my things in my car ready and all I had to do was say goodbye to Cheryl, Imogen and Sarah and then be on my way.