24. Sorry

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

The next morning, while we were driving to school – on time for once – I told Arch and Tilly about what Ryder told me last night. They weren't as convinced as our Beta was about the old worlds.

"Why would anyone come here?" Tilly asked in disbelief. "The population in here is like two hundred!"

"Plus two werewolf packs," Arch added.

"And if the stories are true, you'd think we would've already noticed if some ancient dude was strolling around town," Tilly continued.

"That's what Ryder said," I shrugged. "I'm more worried about Oliver. Maybe he is crazy..."

"That's more probable," Tilly sighed. "I have no personal experience about the bonds, but it makes better sense that he's just crazy and seeing things and you can feel it through your bond."

"Great," I sighed as well. "My mate is a crazy human boy."

"It could've been a warning," Arch said.

"What?" both Tilly and I asked, and I turned back to look at him.

"It's not just a werewolf thing. Humans can be diviners as well. Maybe he's one, and he can sense he's in danger," Arch spoke.

"I like that explanation better," Tilly said, and I agreed.

We were silent for a while, right until Tilly let out a short giggle.

"What are you laughing about?" I grunted.

"You said you're worried about Oliver," she smirked.

"Oh, for crying out loud!" I breathed out in frustration. "I thought we all agreed we don't want any mates!"

"That was when I thought you'd have a prissy little girl from another pack as your mate," Tilly said. "That would've ruined everything. But this – this I can approve."

"Yeah, I was worried about the same thing. A human mate may be more complicated as an idea, but he's harmless from what I can tell," Arch continued.

"More complicated?" I repeated. "Just a little complicated you say? You guys never stopped to think I'm required to have kids? Did you forget humans are not welcome in our territory, and I am not allowed to move out of it? Then there's that little rule that forbids us from turning humans. Oh, and let's not forget he already thinks he's crazy! What do you think happens when he finds out werewolves exist?"

"You're just making up excuses," Tilly said.

"Why isn't anyone listening to what I have to say?" I groaned. "I don't want him!"

"You're the one who's not listening!" Tilly suddenly snapped at me. "The Moon Goddess isn't forcing you into anything! She's simply trying to tell you that Oliver is suitable for you and you probably would fall for him without her help anyway! She's just trying to make sure you won't miss this chance!"