“Hey Rhylee,” he said with a smile.

“Hey yourself big boy,” I cooed reaching out to pinch his cheeks. He hated when I did that and pulled away from me as soon as I had moved to pinch him.

“You really need to stop doing that,” he sighed impatiently.

“But what would be the fun in that?”

“So, have you spoken to Tyler or Zach lately?” He asked, an obvious attempt at changing the subject, to be honest though, I didn’t really mind.

“No, why?”

“No reason, I just think that you should talk to them soon.”

“Okay,” I said drawling out the word in confusion.

“Hey, I was thinking, why don’t we hang out today and I’ll cook you dinner tonight.”

I risked a glance at Cameron but she was busy texting on her phone with a goofy smile on her face. I was definitely going to have to pry out the name of this love interest of hers. Hanging out with Hunter always proved to be fun, he was such a nice relaxed guy that I couldn’t help but enjoy being in his presence.

“Sure,” I said with a smile and watched as it lit up his entire face into a smile of his own.

We sat for a while at the coffee shop talking about things that were probably of no importance and eventually Cameron left; the goofy smile still plastered on her face. It was becoming very obvious that she was smitten with whomever she was texting. I just hoped for her sake that the person on the other end was just as reciprocating of the feelings.

“Well, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?” Hunter asked with a cheeky glimmer in his eyes.

“I have no idea; do you want to have a lazy day with me?” I asked actually excited at the prospect of doing nothing in particular for the rest of the day.

“That depends.”

“On what?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“What it involves to have a lazy day.”

“You’ll just have to wait and see.”

We ended up back at my apartment sprawled out in front of the television on my large sofa with a DVD on the screen. It was a sappy romance movie that made me coo at all of the things that happened. Hunter was less than thrilled when I did that which made it all the more enthralling for me.

“You didn’t like that?” I asked innocently when the movie had finished playing.

“I think I lost at least an ounce of my manliness just watching that,” he groaned.

“So that would put you at negative an ounce then?” I mused thoughtfully while he nudged me playfully.

“I’m definitely more man than you can handle,” he teased challengingly.

“Is that so?” I asked cheekily.

“Definitely.”

“Then prove it.” He stared at me dumb founded.

“How on earth am I supposed to prove that?”

“Well you’re the man, you tell me.” I challenged him and loved the way that his eyes lit up with the challenge.

“We will settle this with an arm wrestle.” I stared at him incredulously. He was definitely going down.

We positioned myself at the kitchen table and stared into one another’s eyes the silent challenge hanging eerily thick in the air between us. My lips were graced with a smile when he placed his elbow on the table.