Chapter IX: Gospel [Part II]

Start from the beginning

"She didn't do anything to the IS did she?" Sam's voice was heard, as she was standing behind the group with the other two teachers.

Y/N did a quick check and looked around his IS. "Doesn't look like it, the only thing that seems to have changed is the UI, and Vert seems somewhat different," Y/N said, with a peculiar expression.

"What do you mean different?" Sam asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I'm not sure, nothing changed with the vital systems, but Vert just seems a bit....off?" Y/N said with a confused expression.

"Well, as long as it's nothing vital," Sam said with a sigh.

"Alright, off you go, Good luck," Chifuyu said to the three students.

"Right!" They exclaimed together.

"Listen, Houki," Ichika said, turning to Houki, with a serious tone, "This isn't a practice match, so we need to be really extra careful-" "You're not really telling me anything, I don't know," Houki interrupted in a confident tone, which raised Y/N's eyebrows.

"But don't worry okay?" Houki continued in a haughty tone, "You can always trust me to get you where you're going, so you can rest easy and let me do the driving." 

"You seem to be really getting into this," Y/N said with a slight smile, "Did the new attitude come with the personal unit?" He asked.

Houki blushed lightly and turned her head away from Y/N. She turned her head back to him.

"I'm no different from usual," Houki said. "You should keep your head, straight throughout the mission," she continued.

"We know that," Ichika said, with a worried tone. He looked to Y/N, who was giving him the same look. 

Houki may have not noticed, but a lot was said within that one look.

"L/N, Orimura, Shinono, Do you read me?" L/N sensei's voice came over the comes.

"Yes, Ma'am," Ichika said in a straight voice.

"We read you loud and clear," Houki said.

"Over," Y/N said with a grin.

~Back at the resort~

The teachers and the girls were sitting in the meeting room, the girls sitting around the table with the map being displayed. 

The teachers were standing in front of the big screen showing the details of the mission, with three points of views from the cameras of the IS units of Houki, Ichika and Y/N.

"The success of this whole mission is dependent on that one shot kill," Orimura sensei said in a serious tone, "So, get in there and finish it off as quickly as you can."

"Your target, the Rouge IS unit, will be simply referred to as the "Gospel," is that clear?" she asked.

"Yes, Ma'am," the three said in unison.

"Uhhh, Miss Orimura, should I continue to provide Ichika with tactical support as the situation calls for it?" Houki asked.

"If it calls for it yes," Orimura sensei replied, "But don't push yourself too hard, remember you have no battle experience in the Akatsubaki," she warned. "It's a prototype unit, an unforeseen problem could suddenly arise," she continued.

"Understood, Ma'am," Houki said over comms, "But I'll do what I can with the best of my ability," she continued in a confident tone.

"Does Houki...." Rin said in a disturbed tone, "Sound a little strange?" she asked the girls.