Enchanted - Chapter 17

I watched as the waves of the ocean crashed against the cliff. 

I currently sat on the edge, looking out to the ocean. The water looked so dark, so mysterious. I sighed, lying down, my legs hanging over the edge. 

I closed my eyes, taking in the salty smell.

I heard the rustle of the leaves, I quickly sat up. Turning around, scared of who was there. A tall figure of shadow could be seen, I could feel my heart starting to race.

"Harper?" Seth came out of the forest, a smile on his face. I let out a sigh of relief, and here I was thinking it was an axe murderer or something. Or worse, Jake.

"Hi Seth," I smiled, taking my attention back to the ocean.

I could feel him sit down next to me, "what are you doing up here?" He asked, I glanced his way. I shrugged, "I don't know." I responded, honestly not knowing why I was even here. Maybe it was the fact that Zeke had to go visit some family in California or I was trying to get as far away from Jake as I could. Even if it meant hiding out on a cliff and ignoring Quil and Embry.

"I haven't seen you in a while." He said, I looked towards the sunset. "Yeah. I've been busy." I lied, "that's a total lie, we all know about Jake and you." He confessed, "it's hard to keep secrets in between the pack huh?" I said, "that and we all heard you yell at him the day of the Newborn fight." I softly giggled, looking down in my lap.

"I'm sorry about that." He mumbled, I looked up at him, "about what? Jake breaking my heart and lieing to me?" I questioned, he nodded.

I couldn't help but smile.

"You're a sweet kid Seth." I complimented, he chuckled. "Is that all I am to you?" He asked, "no you're a great friend too!" I leaned into him, slightly pushing him. 

"I really like you Harper." He whispered.

I pulled away.

Oh no! This can not be happening again! God dammit! First Nate, then Zeke and now Seth? Not to mention Jake! Why does this always happen to me! This only happens in movies and romance novels not me.

"Listen Seth, you have to be the sweetest boy alive and i'm sure any, and I mean any girl would be lucky to have you but i'm just not th-"

I was cut off by a warm pair of lips crashing into mine. I cringed away, but his lips wouldn't leave mine. He cupped my face in his hands, I put my hands to his bare chest. Pushing him as hard as I could but he wouldn't budge. 

His lips forced mine to move with his. 

I pushed harder, but it wouldn't work. 

So I did the next thing that came into mind. I started pounding on his chest, evidently he pulled back. I raised my right hand to his face and slapped him, hard. The sound of my palm crashing into his cheek echoed in the silence. He didn't seem surprised or in shock, he just looked at me. Not even touching his reddening cheek. 

He probably didn't even feel it. 

I stumbled to stand up, I took off running into the forest. 

"HARPER WAIT!" He called out, I could feel him running after me. I picked up my speed, dodging the trees and pushing away the leaves. "HARPER." I didn't stop.

I glanced behind me, he was catching up and fast, I turned back around. Running into something, causing me to stumbled back and trip over a branch. Which lead to me falling to the ground with a loud thump. My head smacking against something hard.

I screamed out from the pain to my forehead, I put my hand to it. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I looked up, Jared stood over me. "Oh my god, you're bleeding." He mumbled, kneeling down and pressing his hand over mine, I took my hand away, looking at it. Blood covered my palm and fingers, I groaned. "Jared you idiot! What did you do?" A panic voice asked, I recognized it as Seth's.