Enchanted - Chapter 15

I looked at him in utter shock.

Did he really just say I was his imprint? As in the one who belongs to him, his soul mate. 

His dark eyes stared into mine, waiting for a response. I stayed silent, over a month ago I would have been the happiest girl in the world to find out I was his imprint. To know that he really loved me back, I was the one he belonged with. 

Thoughts ran through my head.

I loved Jake, more than anything else. But as I looked into his eyes, I saw something else. Almost like, he was unsure, or worried. And for some reason, I saw hurt. "Jake?" I managed to say, "did something happen before I came and besides the fact you got hurt." I questioned, his face filled with confusion, "what do you-" "just answer the question." I cut him off.

He sighed, looking up at the ceiling, "Bella came, she picked the stupid blood sucker over me." He muttered, anger now in his voice. 

I pulled away standing up, so that's why. He decided to tell me this, after Bella leaves him. 

"I can't believe this..." I whispered. Since Bella doesn't want to be with him, then I'm the next best thing?! I looked away, "you're an ass." I whispered, walking to the door. "Harper wait!" He called out, "what's wrong?" I turned around, he held his head up. 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "you wanna know what's wrong?" I questioned, I stepped forward. "Everything! Everything is wrong! Falling in love with you was wrong! Waiting around for you is wrong! Waiting for Bella to just disappear so we can be happy again, is wrong!" Shock crossed his face as I spat my words.

"Breaking up with Nate to be with you..." I closed my eyes as tears now ran from my eyes and onto my chin. "Was wrong." I whispered. 

I opened my eyes to look at him. 

"And telling me I'm your imprint after Bella finally leaves you, is wrong." I whispered, wiping tears from my cheeks. "I was so stupid for falling in love with you, and I bet I'm not even your imprint!" I snapped, turning around and running out the front door. My vision was blurry but I could tell everyone was looking at me. I know the pack members heard what happened.

I took off down the road, at this point. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to run away as far as I could. "HARPER!" Someone called out, "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I snapped, running faster. 

I ran, I ran as fast I could. 

_____

I stared at the water as I sat on a rock.

By now my tears were gone, I probably had no more left in me.  I sighed, pulling my legs to my chest, and resting my face in them. Why? Why did this all have to happen to me? Why couldn't I just have fallen in love with someone else! Someone who could truly love me back, without hesitating. Oh right! I had Nate and I let him go.

"You okay out here?" 

I looked up, frightened by the voice that came behind me. I turned around. I felt shock go through me as I recognized that face. It was Zeke.

What was Zeke doing here at the beach, in the middle of the night? 

"Harper?" He stepped forward, getting a better look. I pulled back, "Zeke?" I questioned. He let out a laugh, "what are you doing here so late?" "I could ask you the same question." I mumbled, he sat down next to me. "Like I said before, can't a guy get away?" I slightly smiled. "Who knew we'd meet each other again." He said, "yeah, who knew." I muttered. 

"Hey is something wrong?" His voice turning into concern. "I'm fine." I stated, "you don't look like it. Tell me what's wrong." He said, leaning closer. I pulled away, jumping up. "I don't even know you! Why would you want to hear the problems of a teenage girl?" I snapped. He stood up, "geez sorry, I just wanted to help." He said.

I looked down, "sorry, it's just that..." I looked at the water. "What?" He questioned. "let's just say the guy I love says he loves me but really loves someone else. Yeah, let's say that." I mumbled. He smiled, "well let's just say, he's and idiot." He said, I let out a giggle at his insult towards Jake. 

"And if I was him, I'd never let you go." He mumbled.

My smile faded. No! This could not be happening again! I just broke Nate's heart, and I got mine broken by Jake. I will not let myself have something between Zeke and me. "That's sweet, but I'm not planning on having anyone hold onto me at the moment." I said, hoping he'd take the hint, "I understand." He said putting on a smile. 

A gust of wind made me shiver from the cold. Almost an hour of being out here and I just realize how cold it is. "Here," Zeke said, taking off his jacket and throwing it over my shoulder. "No thanks," I said, trying to take it off. "You just got your heart broken, the last thing you need is to be cold." He said, slipping it back onto my shoulders.

"Thanks." I said. 

"Let's take you home." He rested his hands on my shoulder, turning me towards the direction of the sand. "No." I pulled away, "I wanna stay here." I snapped, "but it's cold and y-"

"No." I stated, "you can go, but I'll stay here." He raised and eyebrow. "Fine then, I'll stay here too." He said, "no, you should go home. I'll be fine." I said, sitting back down. "Nope! I'm staying right here." He said, I felt a smile warm on my lips. It was nice to know he would actually stay here for me. 

_____

I burst out laughing as Zeke finished one of his College prank stories. 

So far I've learned a lot about Zeke. His family, friends, High School and College life. He even told me about a crazy ex. 

My sadness over Jake disappeared. 

According to Zeke's watch it was three in the morning. By now I was close to passing out from how tired I was, and tomorrow or should I say later today I had school. 

I laid down on the sand, I could feel Zeke doing the same. "You know Harper, you're a cool girl to talk to." I smiled, "and you really know how to make someone laugh." I said, he chuckled. There stood a silence between us. "Thank you." I said, "for what?" He asked. 

"For staying here with me." I said, he sat up. "It's no problem, I like you. It's weird but I just can't seem to let you go." I felt my face flush, "thanks." I mumbled, looking away. 

I felt myself shiver from the cold again. Zeke's jacket wasn't helping and I could imagine the cold Zeke was experiencing. 

I closed my eyes, I could hear the waves crashing, the tree's blowing in the wind. And Zeke's even breathing next to me. I soon found myself drifting into darkness.

___________________________________________________________________________

That's right! I put Zeke in here!
You all probably thought that I'd have Jake and Harper FINALLY end up together. But nope! I made this happen! Do you think Harper and Zeke will get together or will Harper forgive Jake? I don't know yet, so tell me what you think. Comment and Vote if you want more!!!