Diagon Alley

As the feeling stopped and the world became solid again, I hunched over and wheezed. '' You are not going to puke, are you? '' Snape asked in disgust. I shot him a glare as I stood straight, swiping imaginary dust from my torn clothes. He sneered and started walking in a fast pace, his dark robes billowing behind him. I hurried to keep up with him, all the while my eyes widenend as I stared all around me. There were weird shops with hats, brooms and floating objects. Everywhere, people in old witch and wizards clothing walked about, talking happily to one another as they entered and exited shops. I marvelled at all the beauty before bumping into something solid. I fell down on my butt and groaned loudly as I looked at what I had hit, paling as Snape turned around. '' Watch where you walk, you insolent brat! You are as ignorant as your father. '' He snapped, glaring down at me before entering a huge building. I quickly scampered to my feet and scoffed, entering after him. What in the world was wrong with him? What did I ever do to him to get him this angry? We walked through a long hall, with weird creatures on the side. They all wore gloomy expressions and were, frankly, quite ugly. Goblins! I read about them somewhere, in a children's book. They were loyal but nasty creatures. Subconciously, I slid closer to Snape as we stood infront of a huge desk with a small goblin. '' Mary Potter wishes to make a withdrawal. '' His velvety voice drawled out impatiently as the goblin looked up. '' And does Miss Potter have a key? '' He countered, arching a bald brow. Snape held a disgusted expression on his face as he shoved forth a key, careful to not touch the leathery skin of the goblin's hand who took the key and called forth another goblin. We followed into a weird mining cart of sorts. I held on to the side as it soared with ridiculous speeds, up, down, left and right! Snape seemed unaffected, bored even. Like this was all a waste of his time. 

As the cart skidded to a sudden halt, we stepped out after the goblin. '' Key, please. '' It said, surprisingly polite. I handed him the key I swiped from Snape seconds ago, grinning at the surprised look on Snape's face as he realised I stole the key from him. You got that right you old git, I can get revenge. The goblin unlocked the door and it swayed open, revealing a chamber filled with piles of gold, silver and bronze coins. I oggled at it all, standing frozen in my spot. I noticed a leather pouch and grabbed it, shoving handfulls of all different coins in there. The bag didn't seem to fill up, so I assumed it was charmed as I finally stopped. I had packed kilo's already, I was sure of it. We left the vault and took the cart back, my face falling. I did not like this means of transport. As we finally walked out of the bank, which I now knew was called Gringott's Bank, I smiled up at the sun and enjoyed the soft breeze on my porcelain skin. Yes, the littlest things could make me happy. I didn't notice Snape staring at me with what one could perseive as a smile, until I stopped twirling around. I decided to ignore his dark aura, and flashed him a bright smile before taking my letter out. He scowled, but I couldn't care less. I was too happy and excited. Scanning over the list of needed supplies, my gaze stopped at the wand. That's the stick Snape had. I knew this was what I wanted to get first. I glanced up at Snape who was watching me carefully. How could I make clear that I wanted to go there? I smirked and reached into his robes, stealing his wand quicker than he managed to reach out, which surprised him again. I proudly held it up to him as he snatched it from my grabby hands, before flailing the letter around. He rolled his eyes and slapped my hand down. '' I get it, you daft little girl. Stop being so childish. '' I ignored his words and followed him as he strutted away, glad I managed to make it clear to him. 

We stopped infront of a worn down shop, the sign reading ' Ollivander's Wands. ' I walked in, Snape close behind me as I reached the counter. A grey haired man with kind but curious blue eyes smiled down at me. '' Ah, I wondered when you would come. Your brother just left. It feels like only yesterday when I sold your mother her wand. And hello there, Severus. '' Ollivander conversed calmly as he rummaged through different boxes with a smile. Severus? I stole a glance at Snape, seeing the unimpressed expression on his face. So his name was Severus Snape. Ollivander returned and got my attention, pressing a wand in my hands. I held it and pulled a disgusted face, dropping the thing on the counter. It didn't feel right. The old man gave me a surprised glance, repeatedly handing me different ones. Dragon Hearstring Core, Ebony wood. Inches, inches, inches... I groaned as the seventh one didn't feel right as well. Stomping my foot down once, I was quite done with this all. I felt the familair tingling in my hand as I aimed it at all the boxes, one pure white box flying out and landing in my grasp. I ignore the shocked noises from Ollivander and Snape, opening the box to a pure white wand. I smiled warmly as I held it in my right hand and swished it once, the movement removed every speck of dust from the shop and neatly piled all the boxes. It looked like a brand new shop. Satisfied, I shoved a few gold coins on the counter and flashed Ollivander's astonished face a thankful smile. '' Oh my. That is the second Elder Wand, my dear. It's brother and yours, are the strongest wands in exsistence. '' I blinked in surprise, staring at the wand with a newfound respect. Snape finally broke from his shocked stupor, grabbing my shoulder and leading me out of the shop. We got all the other supplies. The books, the robes from Madame Malkin's and the cauldron's. I bought a few extra black robes, silky ones. And a few dark coloured dresses. We ended up infront of the pet store. I glanced at my letter again 'Students may bring, if they so desire, either a cat, owl or a toad.' I entered the shop, Snape stood outside. He refused to go in, muttering about childish needs for a pet. Immidiately, I heard a soft growl from my left. I turned and saw a mutant-breed. A mixture between a cat, a wolf and a dragon. It had dragon wings and a wolf body, claws like a cat and the fluffy fur and tail of one. '' I wouldn't take that one, girlie. Mean lad, that is. '' The shopkeeper warned me. I ignored the protests and took the creature from its cage, handing the shopkeeper a few gold coins. 

'' Mirthal. '' I whispered his new name to him and he growled gratefully, nipping at my chin. I giggled as I walked outside with him, scratching behind his ear. Snape's head turned towards me at the sound of my giggle, the dreamy gaze forming on his face for only seconds before he snapped from it. Did he just free himself from the powers of my voice? I stared at him with a mildly surprised expression, Snape's eyes narrowing at what had just occured. Before he could comment on it, a loud yell interrupted. '' Mary! '' I whipped my head around as I set Mirthal on the ground. Since he was still a pup, he was small. He flapped his wings and landed on my shoulder, curling his tail around my neck affectionately. Harry sprinted towards me and tackled me in a hug. I braced myself and managed to not fall over, smiling brightly as I twirled around, hugging him. Hagrid came only seconds later, beaming at the happiness of the little twins. Snape had a disturbed look on his face, sneering in almost jealousy as he saw Harry hug me so tightly. As if James was once more, embracing his Lily right infront of him. '' Right, ye little rascals. We should get yer settled in in the Leaky Cauldron, so ye can stay there till school starts. Reckon ye don't want to go back to yer Aunt & Uncle's? '' Hagrid interrupted the moment, looking questioningly at the little children. We shook our heads simultaneously. No more Dursley's for us! Snape's face had went back to bored, and he didn't spare us a glance as he turned around. '' I will see you at school, Potters. '' He sneered before disappearing in a plop. I sarcastically waved at the spot Snape was moments before, earning a chuckle from both Hagrid and my brother. Later that day, as Harry and I layed in our beds in the Leaky Cauldron, I was feeling a comfortable sleep pulling me in. '' Today was great. '' Harry mumbled sleepily, taking his glasses off and putting them on the counter. '' Best day of my life, Harry. Sweet dreams. '' I whispered back, hearing his hum as we both turned around and faded off into a deep, calm sleep.