Giant & Black Surprises

Cold. That was all I could think about. All I could feel. Uncle Vernon had completely lost his mind, dragging the entire family on a boat in a storm. Harry tightened his arms around me, pulling me closer as I hid my face in his chest. This is ridiculous! I couldn't even feel my limbs anymore. Where they still there? Carefully, I wiggled my fingers and let out a sigh of relief as I felt them move. The rain and wind whipped my wet, red hair around my face, repeatedly smacking my own cheeks. Finally, the boat bumped into something solid and Uncle Vernon loudly ordered us all to get out. Harry scrambled up and stepped out of the boat, hoding tightly onto my hand as I clumsily made my way after him. We stood infront of a weathered, wooden house on a piece of rock in the sea. I glanced around me and my face fell, seeing nothing but see every where I looked. '' I don't think the letters will find us here, Mary.. '' Harry muttered in defeat, shaking his head once to get the rain out. I sighed, my fingers curling around his and giving a comforting squeeze as we all walked inside. The place looked as rundown from the inside, as it looked from the outside. Our hope of having a decent housing was lost the moment we saw the living room.

 Aunt Petunia just finished sprawling a thin and torn blanket on the floor, her eyes narrowing as she glared at us. '' You two, you sleep here. '' Her voice and gaze changed to a loving one as she eyed Dudley. '' You can sleep on the couch deary, I already stuffed pillows and a thick blanket on there. Daddy and Mommy will be upstairs. Sweet dreams, my boo-boo.~ '' She coo'd, pressing a kiss on Dudley's forehead. As she and Uncle Vernon walked upstairs, they both felt the need to send Harry and me a deadly glare before disappearing up the stairs completely. I rolled my eyes at Harry, who hid his smile behind his hands as Dudley shoved us to the side and crashed down on the sofa. One miesely minute and the room was filled with the outrageously loud snoring of our cousin. I pinched the bridge of my nose with my index-finger and thumb, convinced I would not get any sleep tonight. '' It's almost midnight, we're almost eleven. '' Harry whispered to me as to not wake Dudley up. I nodded and sat down on the floor criss-cross applesauce, Harry sitting down next to me. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his side as I rest my head on his shoulder. I was way more soaked and cold then him, my body even more fragile than his. I shuddered constantly as I watched my brother draw a cake and candles in the sand and dirt on the floor. We both stared intently at Dudley's watch as it beeped, signalling that it was midnight. '' Happy birthday, Harry. '' I whispered, glancing at him to see the dreamy gaze on his face. '' Happy birthday, Mary. '' He answered after a few seconds, pressing a kiss to my temple.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

Loud bangs filled the room as the door shook. I frowned, my cold frame clinging to Harry in horror. Dudley woke up, his sleepy face confused as he mumbled incoherently to no one in particular. Upstairs, I heard loud exclamations of cuss words and shuffling feet. Uncle Vernon. Another loud noise and the door fell. Just like that. Completely out of its hinges and laying there, flat on the floor. I narrowed my eyes as I stood up, standing infront of my brother. I would die for him if I had to, and from the two of us I knew how to control my powers, somewhat. I was shaking however, and Harry rested a comforting hand on my shoulder but didn't dare step away from behind me. We both knew I was the best shield at the moment. A huge, no, a Giant figure stepped inside and lingered in the doorway for a moment. '' Was that really necessary, you big, daft baffoon? '' I heard a velvety voice hiss in dismay. The giant scratched the back of its neck before stepping inside and revealing himself. I arched a brow as I tried to hide my fear, my body crouching some as I tried to cover my brother up the best I could. Infront of us stood a giant man, a size no normal human being could have. He had a long, thick brown beard and wild, dark hair. He wore pelts and leathery clothes, seemingly from a time long gone. His whole face was hidden par his eyes and somehow, they told me he was a friendly being. Behind him, a man with a dark aura stepped in and stood in the corner. He had long, greasy black hair and a hooked nose. Somehow, it didn't make him any less attractive. He had a dark and sinister gaze, his lips seeming to be permanently pulled in a sneer. In other words, he felt like danger to me. Danger to my brother. I snarled at him as he arched a brow. He was looking behind me and almost seemed amused as he reached inside his black robe. Who in the world still wears robes? Thinking he was gathering a weapon, I felt my fingertips tingle as I aimed one hand at him. '' Expelliarmus. '' I whispered so they couldn't hear, the tingling intensifying as a stick flew from his robes and landed in my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, staring at the stick with a sudden urge to burst out in laughter. This was his weapon? How pathetic. Without warning, the stick flew from my grasp and back to the man, landing smoothly in his hand. I narrowed my eyes, pushing my brother further behind me. '' Insolent brat, do not touch what is not yours. '' He snapped at me, before his eyes widenend some. Surprise and longing formed on his face as he finally looked at me, Mary Potter, the perfect twin image of my mother.