Chapter Three

"...Crush cuffs?" Sophie held the cloth bracelets in either hand and read the cursive names on them. Sophie Foster+Fitz Vacker. They made her heart a little mushy.

Fitz looked sheepish. "It was Biana's idea. If you don't like them, I can exchange them for something else, or—"

"Fitz."

"Yeah?"

I love them.

Fitz looked equal parts excited and relieved when she put them on and modeled them for him. "I was afraid it would feel like I was pressuring you into something, but Biana insisted I get them for you." Sophie giggled. "I really do like them, Fitz." She stretched over the small pile of wrapping paper to hug him. Thank you, she transmitted.

You're welcome.

They stayed in the embrace for a long time, but there was a small sniffle from the corner of the room.

"BIANA!" Fitz shouted as she reappeared. "How many times do I have to tell you?!" Biana giggled guiltily and wiped her eyes. "I can't help it. You guys are so cute together."

Sophie blushed a deep red. "Hi again, Biana."

"You guys need to be more open about your relationship. This is seriously annoying, having to sneak around to see you two together." Fitz looked ready to hit her, but she kept talking. "I propose we play a game. You'll like it...maybe. It's called Spill."

"Spill?" Sophie repeated.

"Yep. We all sit in a circle—we'll need to invite the others over, too—and we take turns asking each other embarrassing questions designed to make them spill their secrets. If someone doesn't answer honestly, either a Telepath or an Empath will inform the rest of the group and the liar has to do a dare."

Sophie blinked. "Sounds kind of like Truth or Dare."

"This is different. We don't play Truth or Dare. It got weird last time," Biana responded. She shivered at a memory, but recovered quickly. "Here, I'll hail everyone else. Start thinking of questions!"

Fitz groaned and Sophie began to sweat. This was going to be an...interesting game.