t w e l v e

"How's his pulse?" The medic asks, hastily elevating Jimin's feet

"It's faint," his partner replies, putting two fingers on Jimin's neck. "Airway? Breathing?"

"Unstable."

The medical team reported to the scene shortly after the incident. They managed to bring Jimin backstage to do examinations. The room is chaotic as medics swiftly make their way around, trying to find tools and conducting medical procedures. In the center of the chaos, Jimin is lying flat on his back, his face drained of color and beads of sweats soaking his forehead.

"Oh, god, please..." Jungkook mutters worriedly, cupping his mouth with his hands. He paces back and forth anxiously, looking at his hyung with concerned eyes. The rest of the BTS members are standing next to him, fearfully waiting for diagnosis. "Hyung, please be okay."

One of BigHit's staffs shoots them a reassuring look despite being scared herself. "Don't worry, boys. He will be fine."

"He fell," Jungkook exclaims, his eyes widen in panic as if he's about to have a breakdown. "Someone threw something at him."

"I'm aware," the staff patiently responses. "We already have a team out there to investigate, but what I need you guys to do right now is get back on stage."

"I'm staying here," Jungkook insists. He glances at Jimin, his eyes tight and worried. The medics are now taking off his clothes, applying cold compresses onto his body and fanning him.

"Jungkook," the staff reprimands sternly. She takes a step closer to him. "You need to get back on stage. The medical team will handle this."

With great effort, Namjoon manages to break his gaze from Jimin. "She's right, Jungkook. Let's give them space." He grabs at Jungkook's arm, but he yanks it away stubbornly.

"You expect me to get back out there after what happened?" Jungkook scoffs in disbelief. "No. I'm staying here to make sure he's okay."

The staff glances at her watch, looking evidently annoyed. "Jeon Jungkook."

"I'm not," Jungkook statesfirmly.

Namjoon draws a sharp breath in agitation. He grabs Jungkook again, pulling him to the side. "You can't blame the whole audience when it was only one person who did this. It might've also been an accident."

"No." Jungkook defies, his jaw set and his fists clenched. "I'm staying with Jimin hyung."

A quick anger flashes across Namjoon's eyes. He leans in to whisper in his ear. "Enough is enough, Jeon Jungkook. Please, let's not make this difficult." His voice void of any patience.

But Jungkook doesn't budge. Namjoon has never seen him this stubborn before and it frustrates him.

"I am. Staying. With. Him," Jungkook says through clenched teeth, determination entrenched in his eyes.