I Don't Care What's in Your Hair

The Doctor woke up but was very cautious not to disturb Yaz, however she woke up anyway. It sort of felt weird, it didn't feel quite right. She felt like she was lying to Yaz.
"Mornin' again." The Doctor drug the palms of her hands down her face. It was still rather early to her surprise. That was good, perhaps they'd meet up with Ryan and Graham today.

"Good morning, Doctor." Yaz laughed, she couldn't believe she let herself fall asleep like that again. "How are you feeling?" She stretched.
"Much better actually!" The Doctor acted like a easily excited puppy. "Crazy what a good nap'll do." It was more so the laying with Yaz that helped and less so the nap itself but tamato tomato.
"That's good to hear..." Yaz trailed off into her thoughts. She stood and brushed out her hair with a brush that was sat on a wooden dresser across from the bed.
The Doctor slipped on her boots but didn't bother with her coat. "Here." The human tossed the brush onto the bed. "Your hairs a mess." She chuckled. The Doctor slowly picked up the brush, she was more used to just combing it out with her fingers. Not that a brush was a foreign object to her, just felt kinda weird to use Yaz's brush.
She roughly brushed through her soft but tangled hair.

"Ouch!" She quickly pulled the brush away and frowned as she stared at the thing in her hand now covered in blonde strands of her own hair. Yaz giggled and grabbed the brush from the confused alien.
"You were to quick and rough. You've got tangles, it's going to hurt if you just yank at it." She shook her head and sat on the bed. "Here sit on the floor between my feet, I'll help you out."
The Doctor nodded and did as she was told with a huff. "Sorry, my hairs always been shorter than this. Not used to it still." She scratched her head awkwardly.
"It's fine, Doc." Yaz smiled before carefully beginning to brush through the woman's hair, she was strategic as to not pull to hard, though that didn't stop the Doctor from flinching and whining.
Every once in awhile Yaz's hand would brush against the Doctors neck, sending chills down the time lords body, making all the hairs on her skin stick up. She was glad Yaz couldn't see her face because she was positive her face was bright red from her hearts beating a million times per second.
"This is like a sleepover, right? Innit this what girls do at sleepovers?" The Doctor said in a attempt to have a conversation.

"Depends on the girls I guess. I've never really had a sleepover when I was a kid." Yaz tugged on the Doctors hair, causing her to jump a little. "I was invited to one or two, just wasn't really my type of thing I guess." She shrugged. The human pulled three little groups of hairs apart and began twisting and braiding them.
"Oh man, trust me, I know how that is." The Doctor sighed. "I had a good friend back when I was a kid, we'd do everything together but never with any other kids." She looked down and fidgeted her fingers together. She felt really vulnerable and open at the moment, she wasn't sure if she liked it or not.
"It's kind of weird to think of you being a kid. You never really talk about it...were you a boy then too?"
The Doctor nodded in response but Yaz grabbed her head to keep it steady so she could finish up the hairdo. The Doctor let out a small little laugh.

"If my friend could see me now she'd never let me live down the fact that she regenerated into a woman first..." The thought of Missy was still something that caused the Doctor pain, but she still managed a little smile. She laughed. "She'd probably be trying to snog me..." She wiped her eye that had a small tear blurring her vision.
"She sounds...nice." Yaz was glad that the Doctor was finally opening up about some things, it was a long time coming.
"She tried to kill me and take over the world several times but hey, that's a time lord friendship for you." She shrugged. Yaz patted her shoulders, trying to move on past the whole world domination thing.
"All done." Yaz fixed a few loose strands of hair quickly because the Doctor turned and stood. The alien made her way to a full body mirror propped up in the corner of the room. She grinned and gently touched the subtle braid Yaz had pinned behind her hair.
"Yaz! It's beautiful, thank you so much!" The Doctor beamed at the other girl.

Yaz felt the Doctors smile in the depths of her heart, it felt so warm and inviting. Seeing that woman getting all excited over something as small as one little braid made her so happy.
"It really suits you." Yaz stood and walked over to the Doc. "How about we go meet up with the boys and you can show it off to them." The human chuckled as she talked to the Doctor in a similar way she would to her little sister when she was in primary.
"Maybe you could do Grahams hair." The Doctor joked and grabbed her grey coat before she and Yaz left the room.
"Aw, where is everybody? Was really hoping to say hi." The Doctor frowned, calling out the empty flat, void of Yaz's polite family.

"You know, school, work, shopping, the usual." Yaz trailed off before unlocking the door, holding it open for the lady time lord who took her time walking through said door. Yaz rolled her eyes playfully before turning to lock the door. The Doctor was already half way to the elevator. At least she seemed to be in a better mood today. A giddy childish Doctor was better than a sad panicky Doctor.
"'S sunny out today, gonna stay that way too." The Doctor stared out the window as a couple of blue birds flew by on their way to a small tree. The Doctor smiled warmly has the sun began to hit her face, she closed her eyes. Yaz walked over and stood beside her, doing the same, closing her eyes and letting the sun touch her face. She reached her pinky out and tangled it around the Doctors. The Doctor gulped and opened her left eye to see Yaz standing beside her with her pinky interlocked with her own. She felt like she was going to spontaneously combust, she felt like fireworks were going off inside her old hearts. It took a lot out of her to say anything.
"Feels nice to just take it all in, huh? One of my favorite things to do."  She stared at Yaz's gentle and kissable face.

Yaz opened her eyes and shot a smile at the Doctor.
"Yeah, really does." Yaz turned to fully face the Doctor.
"Hey, Yaz, if you don' mind me asking, why have you been holding my hand so much recently? I'm not really complaining, jus' naturally curious." The Doctor avoided eye contact nervously as their fingers fell away from each other.
Yaz frowned and looked at the ground, and stuffed her hands down into her jacket pockets.

"I dunno, I just like how it feels I guess..." She locked eyes with the Doctor. "Feels nice, your hand feels really comforting. Strong but still like, really warm." The human furrowed her brows. "I don't really know how else to explain it." She shook her head and looked back down at her shoelaces that touched the ground, the tips of her shoes almost touching the Doctors.

The time lord, though excruciatingly nervous, reached her hand out to grab Yaz's. She held it tightly, but not too tightly.
"I like it!" She said with waves excitement crashing throughout her voice. "Yasmin Kahn, you can hold my hand whenever you feel like it! If you're worried, or scared, my hand will be here to warm yours up."
The Doctor looked into Yaz's eyes as to say 'it's alright' and it was. The alien could feel those pesky little butterflies returning.
"I'm your friend." She tried so hard to push those butterflies back into the acid in her stomach with all her might. Seeing that beautiful girls frown turn back into a smile made her efforts useless, as the butterflies filled her organs and even her bones. Her two hearts felt like they were no longer beating. Despite all this, she's never felt more alive than this very beautiful and meaningful moment with her Yaz.

"And I'm yours, Doctor." The human gave that strong hand a little squeeze before letting go and continuing on her way to the elevator.
The Doctor felt a large mixture of emotions, but there was something else that bothered her. Yaz's heart rate raised when she squeezed her hand. Surely it meant nothing, but it still ate at her brain during the silent and heavy elevator ride down.

"I texted Ryan, he said he and Graham will meet us at the TARDIS." Yaz sniffled a bit, perhaps she had gotten a cold yesterday? The Doctor responded with a nod and a quiet hum.
They stepped out of the elevator and walked out the building and to the TARDIS. The Doctor unlocked it with the key she surprisingly remembered for once. The TARDIS felt so much warmer than the outside weather, the Doctor could tell it made Yaz more comfortable. The Doctor sat her coat down on the console before sitting in a rolling chair she had recently 'installed' into the console room, due to the uncomfortable lack of seating.
Yaz leaned against the console. The room felt oddly heavy and was awfully quiet, but the Doctor didn't mind too much as that would end with Ryan and Grahams appearance, at least that's what she hoped.

Despite the quiet and heavy air, the blonde still wasn't able to wipe that smile off her face, after that moment in the hallway, who could blame her? Her little crush just kept growing and growing, sooner or later she'd surely have to tell Yaz. She knew that, but she didn't need to tell her yet. She also knew that.