five

...12:22.
It's been two days.
Everything seemed normal, with the exception of Pit having random jolts of intensifying pain. But considering the fact the Chaos Kin made him fly so much that he slipped into unconsciousness, it was normal.
Pit physically couldnt let himself fly, despite the Power of Flight being occaisonally on and running.
Even the flight power was too painful to use- so they had to wait to use it again.
Meaning that, in the grand scheme of things, Dark Pit was the only angel who could fly.
It seemed as if all the stress and tension disappeared, until...
"The Chaos Kin is still out there."
---
"It's still out there." The dark angels voice was as it normally was: stern, possibly quiet and emotionless.
"Well...that's to be expected. And we need it to stop, but-"
"I'll do it." He seemed oddly calm as he said this, as if it was an irrelevant chore that had to be done in some way.
"But...if Pit can lose control and get possessed, you can too...right?" Despite not sounding very worrisome, Palutena was worried. Mainly about one thing: if Dark Pit dies, Pit dies. And if the Chaos Kin gets Dark Pit, he could get himself into danger.
"I'll be fine. I'm better than him anyway." He said with a smirk, but the goddess didnt find anything funny.
"Pittoo-"
"Stop calling me that."
"Khh...the Chaos Vortex isn't safe. I'm NOT sending you there."
"But you sent Pit. And he's the same person as me."
"I...I...just don't go."
They were both silent for a short moment.
"Well, I don't serve you do I? I don't serve anyone. So, in theory, I dont have to listen to you." A smirk appeared on the dark angel's face again, but this time instead of it being mischevious, it was genuine- he thought he won this ironic yet serious argument.
"But I thought you served Viridi..." Her voice and face showed off pure confusion.
"Nah. I'm just temporarily allied with the Forces of Nature."
"Anyway...back on track...the Chaos Vortex is unsafe. You could get possessed and it could hurt you and do what it did to Pit." If she had to be honest. She didn't have an idea as to why she didnt want Dark Pit to go. Maybe it was because of their 'bond'. Maybe it was because of the fact that if one dies the other does too, hurt or not hurt.
"I don't have to listen to you. I DONT serve you- I'm not your angel. I'm not anybody's angel."
And then he left the room.
Palutena sighed, obviously annoyed.
---
Something in him made the dark angel want to do it. Something in him made him want to go right back into the vortex and banish the insect creature once and for all.
Well...Pit couldn't do it. Not for a range of days. So he was going to do it. He wasn't going to die trying - and that was painfully obvious, so he was going to attempt it.
---
Taking control of someone else's Power of Flight was a difficult task (as was controlling it) but be managed to pin it down and he too managed to make his wings glow blue, and he managed to ready himself for flying.
"What are you doing, Pittoo?" A recognisable voice called out.
He stayed silent.
He would tell Pit about that damned nickname, but...He tolerates it from Pit specifically.
He stayed silent.