four

Three hours had passed.
Dark Pit had admittedly gotten upset at the words Pit had said before, despite them being made by Chaos, not Light.
But he took account of it anyway.
But they had to find Pit.
"He went back into the Chaos Vortex." Viridi said sternly. Now she was the holder of the flight power. Palutena had cleared off, and resumed work on something else other than this, despite it being important.
"Well...okay."
DING!
And then, he was levitating in mid-air, wondering why the goddess wasn't taking him anywhere.
"...What are you doing?"
"What? I figured that controlling your own flight path would be way better. Like I said, if Palutena can do it I can do it better!" She let out a mischevious giggle. This actually made Dark Pit rather happy.
It was nice controlling where YOU wanted to go.
And then he let himself fly. To the vortex. Not worrying about the dangers.
"Wait, where's Palutena?"
"She cleared off and did something else."
"Seeing as we're trying to save HER ANGEL here, I'm surprised she isnt trying to help."
"Me too. But, it's fine. We can find him."
Multiple enemies had already been defeated.
And then the coast was clear.
He had to act fast, given the fact that the flight power...supposedly...only lasts five minutes.
"Can you make the Power of Flight last longer than five minutes?"
Viridi was silent for a moment.
"Well...No.. not really."
"Dammit...okay."
He was still going fast, defeating every enemy that happened to be in his weapon's range.
Until something caught his eye.
Something white, something falling.
Not from a very high place, but it was certainly falling.
BANG!
And then it hit the ground.
"Uhm..." He nervously laughed, genuinely concerned. What was that?
"What?"
"Something with white wings just fell."
"WHAT!?"
And then he immediately went to go and check.
If Palutena knew about this...she'd be panicking so much...
---
He set himself down near the unconscious being. It happened to be Pit.
Dark Pit wasn't concerned about life or death, for,, if Pit was dead, he himself wouldve been dead too.
And he's not. Hes very much alive.
So Pit was only unconscious.
"He's...obviously alive. But he's passed out. I just don't know what he's passed out for."
"Wait...Palutena said to us that when you guys try to fly, you get severe pain. Correct?"
"Correct."
"Since hes been using his normal wings to fly, maybe he passed out from the pain?"
"That's a possibility. Thats probably the case: hes been flying ever since we first found him, so I wouldn't be surprised."
"Lets see what we can do."
SHING!
The angels were both taken back to Skyworld.
Palutena was informed of this, too.
---
The two goddesses were now trying to help the light angel, aware of the possible fact that the Chaos Kin could still be manifesting inside.
Or...maybe it wasn't.
It's a dangerous situation either way.
Dark Pit was off doing something else- he cared about the situation, he definitely did, but he didn't care enough to be there right now.
He felt off- as if something bad was going to happen. To him, Pit or the goddesses, he didnt know, but the feeling was there and it was real.
---
"Come on..."
At this point, Palutena was getting worried.
The light angel was doing nothing, not even waking up.
It worried the light goddess.
Despite being odd doing something else, she was still worried; Pit was HER angel, at the end of the day.
And then the angel slowly awoke. When he fully awoke, a choked sob was heard.
But why?
"Hey...are you okay...?" Palutena slightly nudged him. He just stayed there, and he was now curled up. He seemed to be in some kind of pain.
But she couldn't understand why. She wasn't there for a majority of this.
"No..." thats all he wanted to say.
The pain had finally got to him, meaning the Chaos Kin could be anywhere.
It could be stuck in the vortex, it could be out for blood.
---
The goddesses had tried their best to find out what hurt.
It was his wings- they felt as if they were getting pulled off.
They tried their best to help. They really really did.
And they hopefully succeeded.