Shayne was reminiscing. He gave a speech about the first time I introduced Nicole to them at their wedding. It was as if we didn't know each other. We didn't. . . I had to laugh at that memory.

*****

Two years later. . . .

The journey begins anew for Nicole and I with our daughter, Evelyn. She is absolutely beautiful. She looks just like her mommy, has big dark brown bouncing curls, and has my blue eyes. She is fourteen months old and into everything.

Nicole is blowing bubbles, and Evelyn is shrieking with laughter. She is chasing a bubble, falling over, and getting back up. Then, wondering why it disappeared in her hand. Now, she's chasing another one as her squeals of delight fill the air.

"Daddy is going to help catch bubbles." I ran behind her, scooped her up, and tickled her. She was wriggling out of my arms. She pointed at the bubbles.

"Noooo, Da Da!" Evelyn shook her head at me.

"She wants to catch the bubbles by herself." Nicole informed me, very sweetly. She didn't want to hurt my feelings.

I put our daughter down in the grass and let her chase the bubbles. It's such a beautiful day for a picnic. The three of us enjoy being outside, with the sights and sounds all around us in our favorite park.

Evelyn patted my arm, getting my attention."Da Da, Mama bub bub." She was pointing for me to look at her mommy blowing bubbles.

"You seemed a million miles away just now." Nicole observed.

"I was thinking back to our wedding day. Being here in this same park, reminds me every time. I'm glad we got married right away. And you got pregnant, with our little one soon after we got married." I moved closer to my girls on the blanket.

I gave Nicole a smile, with a roguish gleam in my eyes.

"I am too! Thank you for letting me name her after my mama. That is so special to me. I love the two of you so much." She inched closer to me and planted a tender kiss on my lips.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I leaned back on my elbows, and a little lady came to sit on my lap. She leaned her head back on my chest. She was getting sleepy, as she rubbed her eyes with her small fingers.

After we got married, we decided to build a house on the land that Nicole's grandfather had left her. We built a small house for Mimi too. She wanted to maintain some independence. But this way we could still be near her. We sold the property at 00 Wisteria Lane, once our houses were ready to move in.

Mimi loves getting to be with her granddaughter and her great granddaughter. My mama and father dote on Evelyn too. She is their first grandchild. They spend as much time as possible with her.

We sent Nicole's father and June, a birth announcement when Evelyn was born. Nicole has not had any further contact with them. The hurt was too raw and her scars were so deep. Hopefully time will heal them, eventually.

I cradled our sleeping little munchkin in my arms. And brushed her big dark curls back off of her perspiring face.

"We should get her home, it's starting to get hot in the sun," I spoke in a whisper-like tone.

"You can bring her to the car and I'll gather up our picnic items."

"Okay, she's exhausted from chasing bubbles," I laughed quietly.