She sat in the back and gathered a pencil from her bag. She kept her hood up as the students filed into the class. Keeping her head down and keeping her gaze on the table she avoided everyone's questioning eyes. That was until the class actually started...

"There are a few rules I have in this classroom Ms. Tanner," she said, without moving her eyes from the book. Reid could hear the sneer in her tone. When Reid didn't answer she stood from the chair and slammed the book shut. Everyone jumped in their seats but Reid didn't budge.

"No hats!" she spat, through clenched teeth. She was sure the kids in the front row had been lucky enough to catch the woman's flying spit. Reid raised an eyebrow at the woman from under her hood, Stheno this woman was pissy. She stayed staring for a long while. When Reid finally complied, raising her hands to her head to pull off the hood, she sighed. Letting it fall down onto her shoulders and she raised her chin at the teacher defiantly. The woman only glared back fiercely.

All eyes in the room were on her. She rolled her eyes internally as she let the red hair on her head fall over her eyes, hiding the bright emerald green.

Everyone was giving her the expression she was all too used to. Lust, desire, and curiosity were spinning around the room from all except two; Mrs. Martin and the pixie-haired girl from before.

Looking closer at the girl, Reid noticed something off. Her eyes were violet with a dark ring around the outer edges of her irises. Her skin was as smooth and pristine as marble. The blonde spiked hair on her head contained black pieces that blended with lighter ones and fell over her forehead. She studied Reid curiously, all the while smiling. She didn't seem affected by her appearance one bit.

This gave Reid an uneasy feeling. No human had ever acted normal in conjunction with her. Reid was of the supernatural, and where she came from was supernatural. At home, everyone acted normal, but the humans never did. Always acting on the scent of her, or her voice, or just at her appearance; well everyone except the spiked blonde.

After a while, people went to work on what the teacher had written up on the board for them to do. She finished before everyone else and instead of getting up and asking what to do next she just sat back in her seat and doodled on the page. The class seemed to go on forever.

No one approached her as she attended other classes but as lunch rolled around, her good luck ran out.

"Hey," a voice rolled through the air. Reid could have sliced the arrogance with her teeth.

She turned a page in her book attempting to ignore him. She had put her hood back up and was now sitting in the very back corner of the cafeteria.

"Uh hello?" the voice said again sounding more like a question. She should have found a better way to ignore people and began digging in her bag for a set of headphones.

"Ryan, leave her alone," a silky voice said. Reid was inclined to look at where the unnatural tone came from and when she did she wasn't surprised. It was the blonde from her English class. She was giving 'Ryan' a sensual gaze that made him squirm. He rushed off seeming too stunned that this girl had actually talked to him to really object. 

"Rebekah," she said, thrusting her hand forward to Reid. She grinned at Reid showing off her perfectly white teeth.

"Reid," she said reaching her hand forward to tentatively grasp the other girls. Rebekah's smile visibly widened.

"Nice to meet you," she said taking the empty seat across from her. "You're new," she stated still smiling.

"That I am," Reid answered going back to her book bag for headphones. She didn't need to make friends.

"Did anyone show you around yet?" Rebekah asked concerned, her face wavering from the never-ending smile.

"No, but I think I am okay," Reid answered truthfully and began to stand unable to handle the conversation any longer.

"Beka," a voice called slicing through the air just over their heads.

His sandy blonde hair fell into his eyes, light sky-blue eyes. The same black ring encircled the blue, just like Rebekah's. His skin was an olive marble tone and he was quite a bit larger than Rebekah. Although he appeared tall compared to Rebekah he was only a smidge bigger than Reid. He had a round face along with thin lips that were a dangerous shade of pink. Reid could see the perfect teeth as he pulled his lips up into a polite smile.

"Daniel," Rebekah chimed at him, "have you met Reid?" She motioned to her from across the table. Reid let out an annoyed breath.

"No," he grinned with a crooked smile, "I have not," he put his hand out for her to take it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Reid..." he trailed off waiting for her to respond.

"Tanner," she said taking his hand quickly and beginning to stand once more. Reid thought she had made it clear that she was done with the conversation but Rebekah didn't seem to pick up on the obvious signs.

"Reid this is my brother Daniel," she smiled looking to Reid expectantly. Reid didn't really give a flying fuck if he was her brother or not. She was done with the niceties.

Then Reid thought about the possibility of the two of them being siblings and the more she looked at the pair, the more different they appeared. Sure, there were some uncanny similarities but their shapes and features were off... way off. Adopted maybe?

Reid's eye caught the gaze of Ryan from across the cafeteria. He was talking to another boy Reid did not recognize and didn't care to. They were talking in hushed tones and glaring at one another. By the looks on their faces and the movement of their lips, it looked as if they were not only talking about her but Daniel and Rebekah as well. She started in their direction. She would rather walk to class with Rebekah then have to deal with another attempt at flirting Ryan.

"Did my sister give you a tour?" Daniel asked with a faint accent Reid couldn't quite place, "She knows this school better than anyone else."

"Yeah," she said taking a quick glance at Ryan, "That would be great," Reid mumbled noticing that Ryan's gaze had now shifted into a half-hitched smile.

Taking Rebekah by the arm Reid led them both out of the cafeteria. Beka was grinning at her and Reid found her never-ending smile uncomfortable. Once safely outside the doors, Rebekah turned to Reid, that smile still on her face. "As you already know, this is the cafeteria," she said motioning to the door. "Are you sure you don't want to take something with you to eat while on the tour? I didn't see you eat anything?" Beka's gaze was strangely critical.

Reid gave her a tight smile and reached into her bag grabbing the apple from it. "Got it covered," Reid replied smoothly as Rebekah's left eyebrow raised.