Rebekah

Morning came fast to Reid like normal only because time, in her eyes, was not something well valued. Who would care about time when they had all the time in the world? That is until they came for her.

Drawing her legs from the sheets and throwing them over the sides she walked her drowsy morning walk to her bathroom. She bathed, dressed in a pair of light wash jeans, a black pullover hoodie and black slip-on shoes. She tired to dress casual, like a highschool teenager would. 

Her hair fell straight down her back with light waves tangling the ends. She wondered if she should brush it. 

She threw a white bag over her shoulder that held everything for the day that she could possibly need, including an apple that was only for show. She could eat human food but it didn't taste as good as the things she needed to survive.

The day was dreary out and Reid opted for her jeep in order to keep out of the rain. The rain was not her friend when she stayed with the humans. Keeping dry was a daily task she had come to master.

The drive to Keeler High School was about 10 minutes and although the scenery looked normal she found something felt odd in this town. Soemthing spooky clung to the branches, the morning fog casting an eary hue.

Maya Bay seemed like a quiet enough place. It was small and somewhat historical with a little museum on the edge of town. It was a satisfactory place to live, but Maya Bay made her feel like she was being watched and being watched in Reid's books was a sign to run. 

The parking lot was crammed with the typical forms of students. Jocks stood by decked out cars, designer-dressed girls swooned at them from beside the cars 'daddy' must have bought, and many other various groups hung together; their labels hanging over their heads like street signs.

Reid parked in the back avoiding most of the cramped parking lot. It wasn't raining but it looked like it could any minute. Pulling her hood over her head she locked her Jeep from the inside of the door to keep it from beeping.as she used the remote. The less attention she brought to herself the better. Taking the long way around the parking lot had gotten her to the front office undiscovered.

"I'm new, I need my classes please," she urged at the lady behind the desk.

"Okay," she said with a smile as she looked up from her computer screen. "Can I have your name?" She said, as she struggled to get her words out. Reid's appearance was obviously distracting the woman like it did to many others.

"Reid," she said, smiling at her, "Reid Tanner."

Gathering the paper from the lady's hand and mumbling thanks, she headed out the door. The hall was crammed with people and before she proceeded she made sure to keep her hood over her head. The color of her hair was a beacon for unwanted attention.

Her first class was English with Mrs. Martin in the farthest room in the whole school. She wasn't too eager to travel all that far, through all those people, but it had to be done.

She was one of the first people into the room excluding a blonde girl with a pixie cut and the teacher. Mrs. Martin was definitely not a sight for sore eyes. She looked like someone who may own forty cats and secretly hoarded little boys in her basement. She had long gray hair that was tired back in a low scraggly pony. Her eyes were fixated in a book that could kill a grown man with how big it was. The eyes were also gray and seemed to pop out of her head. The teacher's teeth were a yellowish colour and it worked against her spotted skin. Reid knew the lady couldn't be over the age of fifty but by the look of her, any normal person would have guessed her age to be over 70.