Chapter 38 - Old Men

Athena Lemiere

I walked into the building and so ready to have an interview for a business magazine. Since I have 1 hour to kill, I decided to have my lunch. I walked into the restaurant to eat because I'm damn hungry. I was going to find and an empty seat but my eyes landed on my dad. He's with..

I walked towards him and he froze when he saw me. I turned to the person in front of him and blinked a few times to make sure that this is just a dream.

"So you two?" I asked.

"We're not actually hate each other." My dad said and I turned to Jordan a.k.a Xander's dad too.

"You two weren't? So you two were just acting all this time?"

"I mean.. we do hate each other back then but 2 years ago we.. kinda call it off." Jordan said and my dad pulled my hand to make me sit beside him.

"What?" I still looked at them both disbelief.

"Does mom know this?"

"Yeah." My dad nodded and I blinked a few times to make sure that it's not a dream. They were neck to neck at that time and they were just acting?

"So you two like us being together?" I pointed at the both of them and they nodded.

"I mean.. I don't want my daughter to be with a man that I don't know anything about." My dad said and I looked at him completely speechless. My dad called the waiter to give me the menu.

"Dad!" I hissed.

"What?"

"I mean you can't blame your dad only. We both agree to just keep this going because Xander needs to learn his lesson. He won't turn into a man if we don't give him that process." Jordan said and I mean.. he's right.

"I didn't expect he kneeled though. I was surprise but I guess he knows that he should have not hurt you in the first place." He added and he smiled to me.

"But.. you want Xander to date me in the first place so Redent and Lemiere can unite." I said to Jordan and he nodded.

"I do.. I don't trust any woman out there to be with my son because I bet they will go for his money but you, Athena, we're equal so I don't want girls to go for my son just to take all the money they want."

"Same goes as me, I mean.. I hate fake people and let's just be realistic here. Not all ordinary people are bad or gold diggers but you never know that if they want to date you because they want your money or they really love you." My dad said.

"We can put them on test." I said and my dad shook his head.

"It doesn't work like that, Athena."

"Well.. I mean.. me and Xander are together now. Yey!" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"I mean.. I can't believe that you two.. are.. dating like this." I said still can't believe what I'm seeing. I took out my phone and dialed Xander's phone.

"Hello babe.."

"Where are you?"

"I'm uhmm.. where are you?" I raised my eyebrows and my dad looking at me with 'what is he up to?' kinda look.

"Aren't you suppose to be at the interview?" He asked in a nervous tone.

"Xander, where are you now and why are you asking me in that tone?" I asked and my dad took my tone.

"What are you thinking? Are you cheating on my daughter? Xander Redent, I'm going to-" My dad expression changed from mad to.. flat.

"We're are the restaurant beside it." My dad said and that made me confuse. He ended the call.

"Did he do something?" Jordan asked.

"Athena!" I turned my head and saw Xander walking towards me. I glared at him and he walked towards me but he caught my dad and his dad together.

"What's with this picture?" He asked to his dad and pointed at my dad and his own dad.

"Where were you?" He turned to me and I raised my eyebrows.

"I was going to surprise you but called me so.. and suddenly you were asking me things and I was so confused and then your dad took over the phone but I was just out there wandering where you are." My heart turned so soft in a second and I hugged him immediately.

"What's with this picture?" Xander asked.

"They're not mad at each other anymore."

"Since when?"

"2 years ago." I said and Xander's eyes widen.

"Dad what the?!"

"What? I need to teach you to be a real man!"

"I wasn't?" Xander pointed at himself.

"You weren't." My dad is a savage!

"Oh." He was speechless when my dad responded and it made me laugh.

"You know if you're going to eat.. you need to eat fast." My dad reminded and right.. I got back to my seat and Xander sat right in front of me and beside his dad. I ordered a chicken salad which my dad kept protesting how I always eat salad wherever I go.

"I can't believe you two." Xander said.

"You're going to get mad at me?" His dad asked.

"No.. I mean.. that's quite cruel. You punched me in the face."

"You deserved it. You hurt my daughter so.. a single punch is still not equal." MATTHEW LEMIERE IS A SAVAGE EVERYONE. I turned to Xander and I smiled. He winked ag me and I mouthed 'I love you'.

"When will your interview starts."

"The preparation is in 40 minutes and I think it will start in an hour." I said and Xander nodded.

"Does it means we're uniting now?" We all turned to Jordan and I turned my head to my dad. He was shaking his head and sighed.

"I hate York Company so much." My dad mumbled.

"Athena Redent, how's that sound?" Jordan mocked my dad.

"Once a Lemiere always a Lemiere and she's not going to change that last name in anything!" Now they're starting to argue again. Me and Xander were just looking at them blankly.

Old men..