Chapter 25 - Good To Hear That

Xander Redent

I was looking at the building in front of me completely confuse how to get rid of the part that cross Lemiere's land. I still have the lawsuit with me and I guess the Lemiere's are too busy to ask me how to take care of all this shit.

"I guess.. we have to get rid of the parking lot and buy the land in front of it." I said to my secretary and he shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Redent, but the land right in front of us is Lemiere's too. We can't buy it because they're planning to build something." I sighed closing my eyes.

"So when will you get rid of it?" My whole body froze when I hear her voice. I turnd my body slowly and saw her looking at me with her eyesbrows raised.

And again.. she took my breath away. She was wearing an office dress with her hair tied up into a bun and not to mention that red lips. My eyes landed on her ring and now.. it slapped me back to reality.

"Mrs. Camery." I wanted to punch my secretary so bad for calling her that.

"When will you get rid of it? We're working on something." She said and I just nodded.

"The lawsuit, Redent." She reminded and I nodded once again. I gestured my secretary to go but my secretary was dragged by Athena's secretary. I looked at it confuse and I turned my head to Athena.

"How are you, Xander?" She asked.

"I can't say that I'm okay or I'm fine." I said and she nodded.

"Aren't you going to congratulate me?" She asked and I took a really deep breath.

"Cong-"

"What are you going to do with the land?" She asked cutting me.

"Just build the rest of the parking lot and the pool." I just said looking at the construction.

"How much land do you need to build it fully?"

"I want to buy it all." I said gesturing all of the land. She nodded as she looked around.

"Let's talk about it over lunch." She said and then she walked away. I was going to say something but it didn't come out. I do become an idiot when she's around. I walked following her and she talked to her secretary about something and her secretary left her. She looked at the construction and then she took photos of it. Instead of stopping her for taking photos, I just looked wt her secretly.

I shouldn't do that because I'm looking at someone else's wife for godsake! I slapped myself so I can go back to reality. I walked towards her and she was typing on her phone, I bet it's Jacob. That bastard.. is so lucky!

"Oh shoot!" I had my reflects so fast when I saw Athena slipping. I caught her right on time and I felt my heart pop out when I hugged to save her from falling down. I released her quickly and looked away.

"Thanks." She said and I just nodded.

"Let's go.. have lunch because my dad decided to sell the land for you a little bit." Well that's a little weird, usually Lemiere never gives in easily.

She walked first and I followed her. We both walked towards the town by walking and none of us started a conversation. She walked a little bit first than me. I slowly took my phone and took a photos of her from the back secretly.

I can't believe I secretly like someone else's wife.

She raised her hands to feel the wind and I realized that her ring was gone.

"Athena." I called and she turned to me.

"What?"

"Where's your ring?" I asked.

"I gave it to my secretary to resize it, why?" I looked at her disbelief. I mean we all know how much that ring cost and she just gave it to her secretary like that?

"Nothing." I shook my head and she waited for me to walk beside her.

"Aren't you suppose to be in UK?" I asked.

"I will.. I have my flight tonight." She said and I nodded.

"Where are we eating anyway?" I asked.

"Is every Redent this impatient?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Just me.." I said and I looked around but there's no guards or anyone. I'm really confuse right now, isn't she the Princess of UK now? Why there's no one here to guard her?

"I learnt self-defense." She said and I turned to her disbelief because how can she read my mind?

"It's so obvious.. from your face." She said.

"Oh." I just said that and then back to silent. We entered a small brunch restaurant and there's no one there. We sat on the corner of the room and the waiter gave us menus to see. Athena ordered a chicken sandwich and I ordered a ham and chesse sandwich. The waiter left us and again.. none of us talk. I looked at her.. more like memorizing her because we might not see each other again since she will permanently live in London.

The more I look at her.. the more I realize that I miss her, I like her a lot and I really want her so bad to be mine. I closed my eyes and cursed myself for wanting that. She's already have someone else, Xander.. note that.

"We will give you the land for your parking lot and pool." She started the conversation and I opened my eyes for it. She put the contract in front of me and I looked at it slowly.

"Why the sudden?" I asked.

"That's what I want to ask you.. did you drug him or something?" She asked me back and I raised my eyebrows.

"You must have said something to him.. that made him change his mind." I raised my eyebrows.

"I never said anything." I said because that's weird and then it reminds me of.. when I went to his office begging for Athena. Well.. I guess he's pitying me for not getting Athena.

"Really.. well that's weird. I heard my employees said that you came to my dad's office once." She said scratching her head a little bit and I gulped.

"I think their dreaming besides.. we hate each other." She said shrugging.

"I don't." I said truthfully and our eyes met but I quickly looked away.

"I don't hate you. I never hate you and I will never hate you." I added and then I turned my eyes back to Athena. She was smiling and then nodding her head.

"Good to hear that, Redent."