Chapter 35 - Disaster

Athena Lemiere

"Is it true that you and Xander Redent are dating? Is this the reason why you left Prince Jacob Camery? are you cheating on Jacob? Is Jacob cheating on your with Christine Correl? Athena Lemiere!" Paparazzi were everywhere and I always get a headache everytime they're around.

I walked into the building and went up to the 10th floor to see Xander. He came back from London yesterday night and I miss him so much. I opened the door of my meeting room and found Xander standing at the window. I ran to him and he turned to me right on time. I jumped to him and he chuckled.

"Wow.. never thought you will miss me this much." He said and I cupped his face.

"I don't." I said and then I have kisses on his face.

"That's the best way to start a day." He said as he put me down. He hugged me tightly and he kissed my forehead.

"So.. what to eat lunch?" He asked and I was not sure to eat lunch outside because of what happen outside earlier. I bet that they're still there.

"You're worrying about the paparazzi huh?" He asked and I nodded a little.

"Jacob and Christine already open up about their relationship, is it wrong for me wanting to open up too? I mean I want to take you public places and have fun." He said and I bit my lips still not unsure about the situation. He took my chin and leaned closer to give me a kiss.

"I'll be there with you, don't worry. I don't want hide this, Athena. I want to tell the whole world how much I love you and how much I'm serious about you." He said and that made me feel secure that he will be with me whatever happens. I smiled and nodded.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Japanese food? Korean food? Indonesian food? Thai Food? You pick, babe."

"I'm down with Japanese food." I said and he nodded.

"Let's go." He said and then he pulled me out from the room. He took out his phone and told his secretary to take out his car and to take care of the paparazzi outside so they won't make a scene by being so close to us.

We went down to the lobby and walked out. All cameras were on us and we quickly got into the car. Xander told the chauffer to take us to a japanese restaurant that he usually go.

"Well.. that was not cool." I said as I took a really deep breath to calm myself. Xander closed the window between us and the chauffer.

"We did great, don't worry.. no one will hate you for this. Christine did it first with Jacob though."

"I hope so.."

"I met Jacob and Christine in London for the business event." He said and I turned to him raising my eyebrows.

"Apparently Christine already planned to kidnap you if you and Jacob keep the wedding going."

"What?!" I asked him disbelief.

"Oh she's crazy for Jacob."

"Oh boy.." I mumbled.

"I mean.. I should have gather forces with her." I smacked Xander's arm and glared at him.

"That's not the way to get someone, Xander."

"I know.. geez." He rubbed his arm.

"Christine, she's evil." I said hissing because she is a type of person that will never stop until she get whats she wants. She was born spoiled and she never gets no from her parents. She's born to be a princess and she loves Jacob big time. She always butt into me and Jacob in everyway. I was annoyed big time because of her.

"At least, she got Jacob now." Xander said and that's right but actually I saw the process of her and Jacob. She loves him and he loves her too at first but Christine was pretty crazy at that time. They broke it off and then me and Jacob met each other. He started over and he had feelings for me even though it was not as strong as it for Christine.

Their love story was pretty complicated too. I mean he's dealing with a bitch to begin with.

"Are you going to Portugal tomorrow?" I asked Xander.

"No, I will go the day after tomorrow. Why?"

"I will have a night flight tomorrow." I said.

"Private jet or?"

"Yeah, private jet. I'm with my dad and Caleb. You?"

"Yeah me too.. I guess I'll see you there." He smirked and I chuckled nodding.

"About Serena, she's with who? Chase? Caleb? Isaac? I swear.. I'm damn curious." Suddenly Xander asked and I laughed.

"Caleb, she's with Caleb." I said and his eyes widen.

"Are they a thing now?"

"They never have an official relationship from the start. They got together and I think Caleb dissapointed her until she changes like that and sometimes they hooked up when their drunk and then they kill each other again when they're sober."

"Crazy Caleb."

"I thought he's not my real brother at first because he's a jerk, an idiot, a butthole, a stupid asshole and the list goes on." I said and Xander laughed. I shrugged and Xander kissed my cheek.

"Athena.. I was thinking, let's go to New Zealand for a holiday." He said suddenly and I raised my eyebrows.

"Holiday?"

"Yeah, I mean.. we both keep working and working." He said.

"How long?" I asked.

"A week or maybe more."

"I'll think about it." I said and he grabbed my hand.

"Babe, come on.. Lemiere won't fall when you're not around." He begged and I looked at him flatly.

"It will fall." I said in a flat tone.

"No, it won't."

"It will so I can't go."

"As a Redent, I will support you." He said begging but I can't control my flat face anymore, I chuckled and nodded.

"Yashh!" He cheered and I just looked at him shaking my head.

"I need to beg my dad for this."

"If he wants to come.. he can."

"That won't be a good idea, Xander." I warned and he smiled awkward. I will never take my dad on a vacation with Xander, it will be a definition of disaster.