Chapter 15 - Answer

Xander Redent

I started to distract myself with work so in that way, my head won't think about Athena. I started to get crazy with work until I forget that I have a girlfriend. Lindsey went to my office angrily and she stood in front of my table looking at me with her burning eyes.

"Xander.. I swear I'm really tired having a relationship with you." She said angrily but in a calm way. I know about it really well and I honestly don't want to stay with her anymore because I don't really like her in that way.

"I'm done with you." She said.

"Lindsey, I'm so sorry." I said and she sighed. She took a really deep breath and she looked at me seriously.

"You know.. you really need to fix yourself. You have been a mess and it's weird. I mean.. you're working but you're acting like a robot." She said and I felt so bad for her now. She was angry but instead of slapping and pulling off my hair.. she just told me to reflect myself.

"Sorry, I just.. you know-"

"Shocked? You're shocked because of the Jacob and Athena's announcement?" Huh?

"What?" I asked her a little bit shocked to know that she knows.

"No." I lied.

"Suit yourself but I'm done with you." She said and then she walked out from the door. I turned my chair around facing the glass to see the view of New York. I'm starting to miss London.

"Xander Redent!" I turned my chair back and saw Parker walking in. He smiled widely and then he clapped his hands.

"Congratulations on breaking up with Lindsey so.. now are you going for Athena?" He asked as he looked at me raising his eyebrows. I looked at him bored and got up from my seat.

"What makes you think I will go for her again?"

"Boy.. you like that girl a lot and trust me.. you won't get her out from your system." He said it in a sassy way and I just shook my head looking at him.

"There's a lot of girls in this world and why would I go for Athena again?" I said and laughed.

"Do you hear yourself? You sound like an idiot when you say that." I wanted to smack Parker so bad.

"Why are you here?" I asked and he gave me a small ticket.

"Happy Birthday brother.. I mean it's tomorrow but I'll be going to Orlando so I want to give you your birthday present earlier." I looked at the ticket and looked up to him again.

"What the?"

"Trust me, you'll thank me later."

"It's tonight!" I said and he smirked.

"Yeah.. it's tonight." I said and I can't believe he's giving me a ticket to a Lion King musical performance.

"You must go, okay?" He asked as he put his pinky in front if my face. I smacked his hand and he laughed.

"You know.. you should go for Athena again, buddy. Oh! I have an idea, how about we kidnap her?"

"I'm a Redent and I don't need to kidnap a girl to force her to be with me." I hissed coldly as I put the ticket on my table.