Chapter 26 - Going To

Xander Redent

I swear that I'm trying not to stare but I can't help it. She's sitting in front of me looking so beautiful and breathtaking, how can I not stare? She's the one that I want all this time and now.. she's someone else's.

It's been 2 months after her marriage and I still can't believe that I still want her despite telling myself to give up.

"This is so good." She said and I nodded but I don't have any appetite right now. I miss her a lot and seeing her again was like a dream to me.

"You okay?" She asked and I looked at her smiling.

"I'm fine."

"Why are you so uncomfortable then? Is it because you're eating with someone else's wife? or eating with the Princess of UK?"

"How can I not comfortable? I like you and you're here in front of me. I just want to forget the fact that you're married." I said truthfully because I'm so frustrated right now. My heart and head are starting to betray each other.

She put down her sandwich and looked at me with unreadble expression. She took a really deep breath and she took something out from her bag. My eyes widen when I saw my letter on her hand.

"How- Wha- How did you get it?" I asked.

"You came to my dad a week before my wedding, didn't you? You were on your knees back then." My body froze and I just stared at the letter completely with my mind blank out.

"So you're going to let me be happy.. with someone else?" She asked and I looked into her eyes.

"You said that you're happy, I can't force you to be with me, Athena." I said and she nodded.

"You're happy right? Did Jacob treat you well?" I asked and she shook her head. My eyes widen and I can't help but turning my hand into a fist.

"What did he do?" My voice turned serious and she chuckled. She ate her sandwich and I looked at her disbelief.

"You're laughing? Tell me.. What did he do?"

"He canceled the wedding." It was a simple sentence but trust me, I felt my heart screaming in joy. I felt my sadness gone in a flick. I looked at her completely speechless because I can't even say a word.

"He might cancel the wedding but I still felt so sad about it because I love him but not in a romantic way, I guess." She said and she took her sandwich again.

"So.. you're not married? But the news?" I asked again trying to confirm it.

"Shut up and just eat your sandwich. I need to eat and then go to the airport.. I have to go to London tonight so chopchop!" She gestured me to eat but now I can't even concentrate on my food. I was still so.. shocked hearing this.

I looked at her finishing her sandwich and then drink her water. She wiped her hands and then she wiped her mouth. She got up from her seat and walked towards the cashier.

"You can see my dad or Chase to buy the land, my job was just to tell you that my family agreed to give you the land." She said and I turned my head to her. She's done paying the meal and she walked out from the restaurant. I quickly ran out from it and grabbed her hand pulling her towards me. I hugged her tightly and I can feel my body reacted towards her. It's been so long since I feel alive.

Know that I know this girl really is the source of my life. I can't function knowing that her with someone else. I remembered the amount of alcohol that I drink just to try to forget her but still it didn't work out. I guess Eva was right, one girl is enough to take over my world.

"You're choking me, Xander." She tried to push me away but I hugged her tightly. All the emotions that I have all this time came out and I can't help but cry. I really want this girl so bad and now.. God gave me the opportunity to make it right, I will.

"Xander.." She protested and I just want to hug her for a few seconds more.

"Okay." I released the hug and quickly wiped my tears before she can see it.

"Did you cry?" Athena asked and she laughed a little bit. I just casually shook my head and she chuckled.

"Talk about the land with Chase or my dad, they will give you the details about it. I guess.. I'll see you around, Redent." She said as she walked backwards.

"Have a dinner with me." I said and Athena shook her head.

"Try harder.. I'm not an easy woman." She said as she turned her body walking away. I found myself smiling like an idiot. I feel like I'm winning a trophy but it's more than that.

I can't handle this.. I walked fast towards her and turned her body facing mine and kissed her. I slipped my hand to the side of her head to deepen the kiss. She kissed me back and let me tell you.. the feeling of it is just.. amazing.

"We're kissing in the middle of the road, Xander." She said between kissed.

"I don't really care.." I said honestly.

"You are mine, Athena. You can't go anywhere starting from this second." I said as we looked at each other.

"I'm not yours.. and I can go anywhere I want." She looked at me with a teasing look as she held my chin.

"I have to go to London.. you need to let me go." She said as she tried to get out from my arms.

"For what? To see Jacob?" I asked.

"Who else?" She said in a 'duh' tone.

"Not this time, beautiful. Starting from this second.. I will kill anyone who's trying to get you." I whispered to her ear.

"Try harder, Redent. It's still not working." She whispered back and she gave a peck on my ear. She pushed me and then a car appeared beside us.

"Bye Redent." She smirked and then winked at me. She got into the car and left. I felt my heart so happy and I just.. ugh! I need more!

"Set the jet ready.. We're going to London." I called my secretary.