Thranduil was cut off by the sound of horns. One was blown after another until the entire Woodland Realm had been made aware of the danger that lurked nearby.

When they both arrived back to the palace, the entire household was in havoc. Maids and guards alike scurried up and down the corridors in chaos.

"My Lord, you mustn't leave the palace!" A guard approached the King in a panic

"What's going on?"

"Orcs were seen attempting to cross the southern border. Supposedly some had been shot down, but they're still out there."

"How many?"

"About two dozen your Majesty. They're trying to penetrate the barrier."

"It's not possible, so why is everyone freaking out?" Lúthien cut in

"Everyone believes the barrier will fall."

There was a quick moment between the both of them where they each looked at one another. Thranduil knew what she was about to do, and with his eyes he begged her to stay, but she refused to listen.

Lúthien immediately turned on her heels and attempted to make her way toward the stairs, but her King caught her by the wrist.

"I won't have you going out there, Lúthien."

"I must."

"No."

"As a part of this kingdom, I will do my part and take down these threats."

"I forbid it."

"You cannot be serious Thranduil! They think that the shield will fall! I need to prove that I'm capable of protecting this place."

"Lúthien...." He released her wrist, but placed a palm on her cheek "You've already proven to me that you're one of the strongest, most powerful women I've ever met. Is that not enough?"

"We...we cannot have them circling our borders Thranduil. They must be taken care of."

"As they should be, but it's not a burden you must carry out. My men will eliminate those cockroaches, I assure you."

There was no point in arguing with him any further. The kingdom was in no immediate danger, so it wasn't worth getting upset about. But if Lúthien was completely honest with herself, it wasn't the fact that there were orcs outside of her shield that upset her. Rather that Thranduil's people haven't placed their faith in her, even after all this time. Unfortunately they still saw her as an outsider.

After that Lúthien zoned out for about a minute or so. She wasn't really listening to what Thranduil was saying, but it seemed like he was telling the guard to make sure that everyone remained calm and to stay indoors. It wasn't until he took hold of her hand and began leading her upstairs that she snapped back to the present.

"Who will protect me other than my Luruelním?"

Despite him attempting to lift her spirits, she remained silent for the remainder of the trip up to her chambers.

"I wouldn't worry about the people Lúthien, they don't really know who you are or what you're capable of. So their opinions shouldn't bother you."

Somehow Thranduil's voice began echoing from within her mind, her vision was becoming cluttered with black spots. It became clear that something was wrong when her pace slowed and her hand tugged on his a bit.