Prologue

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to pop in here and say I know Raizel's name is spelled wrong. I eventually correct this after chapter 28. I hope you will still give this story a chance. Thank you for being here!

                   *Rai-Lin*

An explosion ripped apart an abandoned construction zone, leaving its crumbling pieces to rain down around me. I stood unharmed in the middle of the blast zone when the smoke cleared. I stared across what was left of the area into the terrified eyes of my enemies. They were humans but modified, not that I couldn't rip them apart if I wanted to. This was a game to me, a game in which I took out my anger over what had happened to him.

The three injured humans began to move in one last desperate attack. I smirked. They would be easy to pick off now. I didn't move as they came closer. They were almost upon me when a presence grew in the back of my mind, a presence I hadn't felt in over 800 years. It was enough to make me stop breathing. Could it be?

I was snatched out of my thoughts by pain. Blood ran down my front. Claw marks crisscrossed my chest and stomach. I remained still as the presence thrummed in the back of my mind. He was too far away. I couldn't communicate with him here.

A clawed hand reached through my stomach. I swayed. Finally coming back to myself completely, I grinned, even as I nearly choked on my own blood. "That actually hurt. I don't like being hurt." The three modified humans tried to run, but it was too late.