Chapter 56

Thoughts

*Rai-Lin*

"Yeonsu and Sangin used power?" Frankie asked incredulously. We were all sitting in the living room. Well, everyone but me was sitting. I was standing in my usual spot behind Raizel.

"Yes, not at first but soon after, Yeonsu did," M said. "Not a lot of power. Maybe just enough to crash a wall."

"And Sangin used his as well. I don't know how much because someone tackled me out of the way." I glared playfully at Takio.

"You were going to let him punch you!" Takio defended.

We bickered quietly while M and Frankie discussed M blocking the blow. I heard the signature "Tao, watch them." and turned away from Takio to grin at Tao. "I don't think that will be a problem," I said.

"She used power, but it didn't knock you down, so they might suspect something. Be careful," Frankie told M.

"A...Alright."

"This is a problem, you blocking it with one hand...not even using both hands," Frankie paused. "Anyways, you fought her. How was it?"

"Well, I don't know."

"That's a shame."

Raizel set his tea cup down. "Saying that...I remember the old times. Frankenstein was worse. He caused a lot of trouble."

I giggled at Frankie's expression. "M...Master?"

"There were cases that made family leaders step in...Family leaders came to confront me..."

I laughed. "I would say they confronted me, but I was just as bad. At least, I was when I wasn't with Rayga and the boys."

Regis stared at Frankie in shock. Frankie pushed his glasses up and laughed nervously. "I was young. Master, please." He laughed again.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "I don't think being young had anything to do with it. I think you would do the same thing now if given the opportunity."

"Rai-Lin..." Frankie shrank in on himself.

I walked over and ruffled his hair. "Love you, big brother."

He frantically tried to fix his now ruined hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankie now stood on Raizel's other side, his shirt unbuttoned in a way that would make most girls swoon. To me, it was just gross. "The KSA will keep an eye on us for this matter," Frankie was saying. "We need to keep an eye out around us. Regis, they might find another way to approach the students. Please, keep an eye on them."

"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to them." Regis bowed his head.

"Seira, please."

"Yes."

"You guys always be careful, too," Frankie told the little brothers. "If something feels wrong, tell me right away. I don't care what methods you use."

Tao and Takio gave affirmatives, but M remained silent, his expression unhappy. I moved over to him. "M," I said. He didn't look up. "You are concerned that the KSA might be on to us because of you?" M's visible eye widened as everyone looked at him sadly.

"Don't think like that. I'm the one who refused them. You were just blocking them for me," Frankie reassured him.

"But...I blocked the attack when she used power. That's my mistake."

"If you were knocked out, even on purpose, I would have felt bad."

M glanced up at Frankie sharply. "What?"

"I am in charge of your physical state. Takio, Tao, that goes for you, too." Frankie let a bit of power leak out.

"And M, if you hadn't blocked that blow, I would have been at the mercy of Yeonsu and Sangin," I said sweetly.

M snorted. "Somehow, I doubt that."

"Well, maybe not, but I would have revealed myself in a rage. Trust me, it was best that you blocked the blow." I placed a hand on his shoulder. His hand came up to cover mine.

Every head turned to Raizel as his teacup clinked against a plate. "All of the outcomes may not turn out the way we want. Trust your judgement and behavior. That is enough."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shortly after our conversation, Takio and M returned to the school. I waited until they were gone for a while before sneaking out after them. I had a bad feeling, and I had learned to trust my feelings. I didn't have a headache...yet. That didn't mean I wouldn't soon.

As I approached the school, I noticed two figures dressed all in black staring down at M. As I watched, one of the figures jumped down in front of M. I tensed. "Who are you?" M asked. There was no response. "I shouldn't have asked that. You wouldn't have disguised yourself if you were going to answer me."

I bit my lip as the figure rushed M. I recognized the fighting style immediately. Yeonsu. Which meant the other figure was Sangin. I jumped up to where Sangin was standing. "Well, well, I would say I was surprised to see you two here, but I'm not," I said, blocking out the dull throb in the back of my head.

Sangin whirled around, a scowl already on his face. "You should not be here."

"Actually, Sangin," I said, and he flinched. "I believe it is you who should not be here. Take your wife and leave before this turns ugly." Right as the words left my mouth, I noticed Yeonsu send an attack towards M that would be sure to harm him. Without a thought, I jumped in front of him and took the blow.

I groaned as I let my body go limp. Panic radiated off M, and he knelt beside me. "Rai-Lin," he called. I pretended to be unconscious but cast my mind out to M. I'm fine. I want to be able to catch her off guard if need be. Better for her to think I'm unconscious. M let out a sigh of relief.

I kept my eyes slit enough no one could tell they were open. Footsteps reached my ears as Takio came into view. His eyes slid to me before going to M, who nodded. "Who are you?" Takio asked. "What's your purpose for being here?"

Yeonsu rushed toward M is what seemed like a frantic attack. Knowing M wouldn't move with me there, I froze Yeonsu with my mind. Only her eyes could move, and they darted from side to side. Sangin, who had attacked Takio, paused to look over at her. Seeing her in trouble, Sangin rushed to her side, forgetting Takio. "Yeonsu, what's wrong?" When she didn't answer, Sangin turned to M. "What did you do to her?"

M didn't answer, just stared at Sangin. M held me close to him as Sangin rushed towards him. Knowing there was no way we got out of this without someone either being hurt or me revealing my powers, I stood up, freezing Sangin as well.

"To answer your question, Sangin, my guard did nothing to your wife. I did. You see, I don't like it when people mess with my family," I smiled as I began to circle him. "And you have definitely messed with my family. I should kill you both for that."

I let the power over his mouth release, so he could talk. "I should have known you were modified the moment you were going to let me hit you with my power."

"Probably," I said cheerfully. "But I think you misunderstand. I am not a modified human. I am the modified human. Now, I need to know. Are you with the Union?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Sangin spat.

"So, you aren't. That's good. I would have had to kill you if you were. This way, I can let you go." I blinked, and the force holding them in place vanished.

They didn't attack, which surprised me a little. Instead, Yeonsu walked up to Sangin's side. As she did so, a yahoo rang out. It was Tao. "What's this? We have guests?"