[Entry 9] Of Clothes and Education

BLOG ENTRY NINE:  Today, every girl in the entire school was sent to the gym for an assembly.  (We were cramped and crowded and uncomfortable, but we managed not to kill in each in such a confined space.)  

The ever mean and every naggy vice principal stood before us in a tight skirt and flowy top.  She looked like she meant to smile, but forgot how to because of how often she never smiles.  She started her speech the way all speeches start:  “Hi, and welcome… yada yada yada.”  She then proceeded to launch into a huge fit of saying what us girls have been hearing our entire schooling career.  Now, I’m not going to tell you exactly what she said (I’m sure most of you had heard the “no low-cut tops, short shorts, et cetera), but the entire gist of the whole thing was this:  wear clothing that will not distract boys from their education or we’ll send you home, because your education is not near as important as the boys.  She told us REPEATEDLY that even if we bring a jacket to wear over our tops or jeans to change into, she is still going to send us home.  

I understand the whole thing about the school not wanting us breaking their entirely too strict dress code, but I still think it is utterly ridiculous to send us home, therefore hindering our learning and education simply so we do not distract boys from doing what we should be doing, too.  

I have an extreme headache and an appointment with the stress ball to attend to.  That is all.