iv. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Start from the beginning

          The small lobby area was deserted and the three made their way to an elevator. Stiles was running his hand through his hair every five seconds and his eyes filled up routinely as they flickered over to Carson. The only indication anyone had that she was still living was her chest moving ever so slightly. It looked like she was struggling to breathe but that small movement was keeping hope inside the boy who had fallen in love with her eight years ago.

          Walking from the elevator and into Derek's loft was a bit of a blur for Stiles and he only realized where they were when Scott laid Carson down on a long table Derek had just pushed a bunch of books off of.

          "Isaac, get me a damp towel or something," Derek called out before lifting the hem of Carson's ripped shirt just above the bite. He grimaced. "Do you have any idea who did this?"

          "Yeah, why don't I just pull out my werewolf phone book?" Stiles snapped sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. "Is she going to be okay or what?"

          "It's too early to tell, especially with the amount of wounds she has right now" Derek muttered. "But it's not a hundred percent guarantee that she'll survive. The bite either kills you or it turns you."

          "So what are we supposed to do? Just sit and wait?" Scott asked, staring questioningly at Derek.

          "Until the bite starts healing," a new voice called out. Isaac moved around the others, cringing slightly at the state Carson was in. "Damn, she's been through a lot."

          "And she's going to be going through a lot more if her body responds correctly to the bite," Derek stated, snatching the cloth from Isaac's hands and beginning to dab the blood from her face. "What the hell was she doing walking around at night by herself?"

          Scott glanced over at Stiles and the boy let his head fall down into his hands. "She was trying to get away from me," Stiles muttered.

          "Well that's a change of pace," Isaac commented with a slight sarcastic tone.

          Stiles's head shot up and he glared at him. "My girlfriend could be dying right now, you dick. This isn't the time to make jokes."

          Isaac rolled his eyes before groaning as a door opened behind Stiles, "Oh, please. She'll be fine." The four in the room that were conscious looked up to see Peter Hale smirking smugly, his eyes tracing over Carson's body. "I always did say she'd make an excellent werewolf, did I not?"

          Stiles glanced back down at the girl he had hurt, knowing that even though Peter wanted her to be a werewolf, she did not. And that was definitely going to change a lot of things.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          A few hours later, Carson's unconscious body had been moved into the room Isaac currently inhabited. He claimed he wasn't going to be using it any time soon, considering every time he closed his eyes he had a nightmare. And while Stiles' could care less about his sleeping problems, her being more comfortable on a mattress was a lot better than her lying on a wooden desk.

          Derek had cleaned up all her bloody wounds and had given Stiles an over sized shirt and a pair of sweats to put on her. It felt weird dressing her while she was unconscious but the outfit she was wearing was completely ruined and barely hanging on by a few threads. The alphas had done a number on her.

          Scott was downstairs with Isaac, Derek, and Peter discussing the extent of why the hell alphas would bite her. Stiles, on the other hand, was waiting at her bedside; he wasn't too sure exactly what he was waiting on, but she hadn't moved in hours. There were a few wheezes from her but that was about it.