"Aww I wanted to sit inside!" Cameron whined.

"You snooze you lose," I said with mock sympathy. He glared at me and jumped inside with me.

"Hey move it! You're squishing me!" I screamed.

He just cackled.

"Someone get out I can only push one of you. Seriously hurry guys!" Nash said.

"Yeah Cameron. Get your fat butt out of here," I said while pushing him.

"He was talking about you, buttface. "

"Alright that's it. Both of you. Out. Now." Nash said frustratedly.

I grumbled and hopped out and Cameron did the same.

"Way to go," I mumbled to him.

"No, this was your fault," Cameron said back.

"No it wasn't! I was there first," I said loudly causing people to look at us.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING JESSI! YOU'RE DISRUPTING THESE PEOPLES' MORNINGS!" Cameron shouted.

"Guys," Nash started.

"NUH UH! YOU'RE DISRUPTING THEM WITH YOUR DUMB FACE!"

Nailed it.

After a bunch of arguing and shouting, the manager came and told us that if we didn't stop yelling he'd have to kick us out. We finally stopped and Nash was resting his head on the handle of the cart.

"You guys ready?" I heard him say.

"Yeah, I'm ready. You?" Cameron said to me.

"Yeah, let's go. I don't know what you're waiting for," I said to Nash.

He let out a huge sigh before pushing the cart over to the food section.

Cameron and I just laughed and followed behind him.

***

We all split up so we could cover more ground.

Nash looked for food. Cameron looked for drinks and entertainment. I was in charge of decorations.

Yaysies!!

I was riding a shopping cart up and down the party aisles gathering a bunch of stuff.

I filled the cart with red, white and blue streamers, paper plates, napkins, cutlery, Solo cups and glittery table decorations that you strew all over the tables.

I pushed the cart to the next aisle and picked up a few tablecloths that looked like the American flag. Then I saw a helium balloon kit.

I giggled and lugged it into the cart. I also picked up some mini flags and a bunch of beach balls.

This was going to be the coolest Fourth of July party ever.

***

After we paid for all the stuff (you wouldn't believe how much we spent for this party!) we drove to the creek where the picnic tables and tire swing were.

We set erverything up. I put the tablecloths on the tables and set up the plates and stuff on a single table. Then I helped Cameron and Nash put the food and drinks into the coolers.

After that was all done we blew up the beach balls and balloons.

You can probably imagine what three teenagers did with the helium.

By the time we were done it was past two and my parents, Nash's parents, and a bunch of our friends were arriving.

I saw Brooke get out of my parents' car and ran to meet her.