Chapter Sixteen

About three weeks passed and tomorrow was the Fourth of July! It was my favorite holiday! Over these few weeks I've been seeing less and less of Hayes and more and more of Aaron. Honestly he's the sweetest guy I know.

We've been doing everything together. From movie nights to days spent at the lake. He's really grown on me.

***

Nash, Cameron and I had the next day planned out. We would do the traditional barbeque and then fireworks. Everything was gonna be set up by a creek near our neighborhood.

There was a tire swing Nash and his older brother Will set up years ago by the creek so I was excited.

I really like surprises so once again none of the other boys or Brooke know what we're planning.

***

I woke up bright and early because I was too excited for today to sleep any longer. Nash and Cameron were gonna pick me up around ten to help set up the party and it was almost nine.

I skipped to my closet and looked for something festive to wear tonight. I settled with a blue and white striped flowy tank top with gold buttons up the front and white shorts with navy blue stars on the pockets.

I grabbed undergarments and skipped to the bathroom to take a shower. I tried to be as quick as I could and still look decent.

I jumped out of the shower and quickly dried off. I slipped my outfit on and started on my makeup.

I didn't really want to go all out so I just did a basic eyeshadow look and mascara. Then I put on sparkly lip gloss because hey, sparkles rock.

By now my hair was dry so I French braided it across my head and pinned the remaining hair into a messy bun on the side of my head.

I was good to go!

I quickly stuffed my navy blue backpack with stuff I would need for today like a bikini, sunglasses, earbuds a towel, my sunscreen and my phone charger.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked over to my nightstand to grab my phone. I got two texts. One from Nash and one from Aaron.

I looked at the one from Aaron first.

Aaron: Morning sunshine

Me: Good morning yourself.

A: What ya got planned for today?

M: Can't tell. It's a surprise (;

A: Aww please? I'll love you forever <3

M: Hmmmm... tempting but no. I gotta go. I'll text you later.

A: Aww alright. Stay safe sweetheart! <333

This boy..

I quickly checked the text from Nash. He said he'd pick me up in ten minutes. He sent it eight minutes ago.

I hurried down the stairs and slipped on my red vans and flew out the front door just as Nash was pulling up into my driveway. There was a huge grill in the bed of his truck and a few empty coolers.

I already had a guess as of where we were going.

I quickly hopped into the backseat of the truck as Cameron was up front.

"Going food shopping I take it?" I said.

"Yeah. Won't take too long though. Are you excited?" Cameron said.

"Yes!" I squealed. I was so pumped. This has been a good summer so far. Well except for one thing...

We pulled into Target and ran inside. Nash grabbed a cart and I hopped inside the basket.