Chapter Nine

I woke up super early, at about seven in the morning the next day considering I fell asleep around 6 in the afternoon. I still kind of had a head ache so I walked to the medecine cabinet and took some ibuprofen.

I hadn't taken a shower after practice yesterday so I was still all gross. I walked to my closet and pulled out a pale orange Hollister hoodie a white shirt with a black diamond and white shorts. Then I grabbed my phone from its charger and walked to my shower.

I put my music on shuffle and stepped into my shower. For some reason I preferred cold showers over hot so I ran cold water and started washing my hair and body.

About five minutes later I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair and body in my black and light blue towels. I picked up my phone and noticed a text from Hollie and a few twitter and instagram notifications.

The text said, Meet me at the mall at 2

I wonder what's up? 

I set my phone down and started getting ready.

I dried off my body and threw my clothes on. Then I threw my hair up in a messy bun and put on foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and peach lip gloss.

The whole process took less than half an hour so I was ready before 8 o'clock.

I didn't really know what to do until I had to go to the mall with Hollie so I texted Hayes and asked if he wanted to come over.

I waited five minutes..

Ten minutes..

Fifteen. Whole. Minutes. And still no reply.

I sighed loudly and called him. The line rang six times before he picked up and he still didn't talk for another five seconds.

Finally he spoke, "Mmmm what do you want so early in the morning?"

Oh my God his sleepy voice was so cute! Wait what..

"Well good morning to you too, sunshine."

"Sorry, it's just really really early, Jessi," Hayes said, still tired.

"Yup, and I'm wide awake so come over," I said really happily.

"I wish I could, but I'm really comfortable here in my bed," he said while yawning.

"But I really really want to hang out with you," I complained.

The line was silent for a while. Then I heard him sigh, "Alright, alright."

"Yay!" I squeal.

"But you're coming over here because I'm not moving," he said.

"Fine. Be there in five."

I hung up and went to find socks and shoes. At this point in my life I don't care if my socks match or not so I just have a bunch strewn in a random dresser drawer. I pulled out two random ones and ran downstairs to get my pale orange vans.

I left a note on my kitchen table stating  where I was since it was still pretty early then walked out the front door towards Hayes's house.

I skipped the whole way. I don't know why but I'm really happy. Finally I walked up the steps to his front door. I texted him since I didn't want to wake up Nash, Cameron and them.

Hayes opened the front door ten seconds later.

"Oh, wow its cold," he said as he opened the door. It had apparently rained the previous night and it was still cloudy.

"I know right? Let me in," I said. I stepped in and hugged him. I've been hugging him a lot more lately.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully.