Swapped lives 2 - Logan & Roman

Start from the beginning

"But-"

"Do you wish to be grounded?"

That silenced the boy who stomped his foot and sat stubbornly on Roman's bed. After a brief moment, Logan rushed down the staircase, spotting Annie looking all smug on the couch while plopping some candy into her mouth. "Annie. Room. Now" Logan ordered, flicking the television off as he did. The girl's jaw slacked, almost ready to hit the floor.

"What-!?"

"You and Tristan made this mess" he gestured across the room, "and you both will face the consequences. Room" he growled, pointing up the staircase. Annie spluttered, but with another warning look from her older brother, she cried out and left her candy scattered across the ground as she stood up in a huff, stormed off to her room, and slammed the door shut so loudly Logan could almost see the walls reverberate.

"Tristan!" He yelled, not a moment later the boy appeared on the balcony of the second floor, his anger once present on his face had faded into a pout. Logan clicked his tongue and sighed, leading him to the living room where he motioned across the floor, telling Tristan to pick up one side of the room while he would do the other. The twin was surprised, he thought he would have to do it all - he guessed it was more of a pleasant surprise, really.

Not half an hour later, the room looked spotless, and Tristan was actually smiling, something Logan hadn't seen before then. "Now" Logan sat him down, kneeling on the carpeted ground before him. "Who really started the fight?" Tristan wanted to lie, tell him it was all Annie's fault, but in the end he gave up and confessed the truth.

"She stole my teddy..." he murmured meekly, pulling out a small teddy that fit in his palm perfectly. It was missing an arm, white stuffing pushing it's way out. In his other hand, he revealed the arm that Annie had supposedly ripped off - Logan didn't realise how much this small object meant to the young boy who looked ready to cry. "So I stole hers back..." he shrugged, "then it turned into a war...I'm..." he cleared his throat, clenching his doe-eyes shut for a moment. "I'm sorry.." he managed a whisper, hands clenching around the teddy.

"It is alright...I can get this fixed for you, would you like that?" At the prospect, Tristan nodded hurriedly, pushing the teddy into Logan's hands. "Do you think you can talk to your sister?" He hesitated a moment, slowly shaking his head. "Can you talk to her first? Please?" Logan nodded and stood up, allowing him to watch tv for all his hard work, - although, he turned down the volume before leaving.

Upstairs, he left the teddy in his bag, knowing Virgil was actually really handy when it came to sewing. He just hoped the man could fix it.

"Annie? May I come in?" He requested after knocking on her door.

"Yes" she replied back, but she sounded harsh. Logan straightened up and headed in, closing the door behind him. He spotted her sitting on the ground, fixing the dolls that had their heads ripped off by Tristan. Kneeling beside her, he slowly picked one up and helped her fix them until they were all neatly put away in their pink box.

"Tristan was very upset about his teddy" Logan clarified, watching as Annie's face morphed with slight guilt, but still overpowered with anger. "So? He's such a brat-"

"That is no way to speak about your sibling" Logan snapped coldly, slowly leaning over to grab her hand softly when she flinched. "I am sure having a twin can come with it's hardships, but if both of you stopped fighting, you will see the potential of having someone so close" after a moment, he stood up, bringing Annie up with him.

"Your grounding is over, but if I hear a peep out of either of you, neither will leave their room for the rest of the evening. Understood?" Annie nodded and disappeared down the stairs, leaving Logan to stand in her empty room, finally able to understand all of his actions. How did he find it so easy to slip into the persona of an older brother? He's always been an only child, and this is the first time he's actually dealt with a child - more than one child, in fact. Especially ones who were acting up.