Chapter 35- Christmas Day

Vera's POV

everyone came, Polly and Ada and John's kids come spilling and playing with Klaus's dogs and Mellow. "hows Scotland"Cat says walking up to the oven checking on the turkey, "it's Bloody cold!" Ada replies making all of us chuckle, "so who are those neighbors you got, i saw them cutting up some wood" Polly adds she always did have a thing for younger men i suppose, "oh that's Klaus and Matthias" I reply and the two women eye's widened "they sound awfully German" Polly scoffs out "they're parents were but they lived here all there lives they're cousins or nephew and uncle i forgot"Lilly adds mixing the stuffing " also the boys at the fire station will be coming as well, theyre good looking as well" Lilly adds but all i do is keep cutting up vegetables "half the town is coming to be fair the other half are women morning its an extremely small town now since people went off to visit family" Cat continues the conversation.

"so any news from the boys" Lilly says "Finn and Aruther are together up, near the border of spain for some reason and John is around switerzland, the war isn't reaching those areas i think they're their to help guard the countries" Polly says and sighs "anything from Tommy" Ada breaks my silence "nope we just talk about how much we miss each other and how he just hurt about how many of his men are dying"i say quietly and luckily i acted decent enough for them to hopefully not notice, i just can't keep myself for sadness last night i wanted things to happen my brain and my heart are just to mix up with each other.

"ok anyways put all of your gifts under the tree, it's by the fireplace," i say grabbing the plate of cookies and placing them on the side table, i can just chuckle seeing Mellow sleeping by the fireplace.

"Oh hey, boys! come in" i hear Cat say faintly, great. i have to face 'him'

"wow, Vera how did you get your hands on all of this..." I can feel Louis presents, "old family decorations in the basement" i keep fiddle the with the decorations trying to put them in the best possible position, "Ok guys! Dinner time!" i turn and walk straight to the kitchen grabbing the big turkey out the oven with mitts on.

"Here we are!"Til says loudly making everyone chuckles, "this maybe be our only Christmas with a turkey until the war is over," Polly said sighing, even though it was a negative comment it's probably true...

"so! who wants some"i change the subject grabbing the fork and knife "all of us" Michael scoffed, i haven't talked to him yet but he doesn't seem to be keen on talking to anyone in general. i smile cutting off a piece of breast "i hope its good i haven't cooked turkey before" Cat says blushing down, i know where her husband's hand is "hands off of each other wait for that after today"i roll my eyes "what the hell is that on your arm Vera" Lilly's eyes widen and i glance at my arm.

shit...

my bruise got really bad from last night "um i dont know i got it when i woke up" i act as though I'm oblivious.

---------------------------------------

time passes and the girls are packing up the food and continued on with chattering but i took this time to walk to the bathroom and all i can see is a pathetic woman.... no a child.

i have a fiancée in the middle of a war surrounded by good-looking nurses and he turns them down where i am safe and sound at home falling for the ex-nazi or jew i don't even know anymore... "Vera.." there he was, i could see through my watering eyes the tall blonde blue-eyed man in front of me...

" there he was, i could see through my watering eyes the tall blonde blue-eyed man in front of me

"what happened to your arm?" there is no description of how amazing he looked to me, "i fell"i turn around washing my hands "when"an again his words seem so husky and sharp, "when you left"i sigh out and lean for the towel "when i called out for you but you ignor-" 

"what do you want me to do vera huh"he traps me in between his hands that are lent on the sink the silence was there for a minute all I could do was stare... "what..."he looks down "what am I supposed to do "he frowns his brows and i just can't seem to get any words out "how am I supposed to tell the woman I have fallen for that I am absolutely in love with her when she to be married to another man"