Chapter 2 -understanding

Vera's POV

i heard a couple knocks hit my door, i walk up and slowly trying not to wake up my friend and her 'boy toy'  that crashed at my home for a couple of day, i open the door and

i sigh "finneeee" he spins me around kissing me recklessly 

he plops down on the bed next to me and sighs looking at me with longing eyes "Mrs. Vera Shelby" he smirks and grabs my hand and slides a simple ring on my finger "for now"he comments on the ring.

"never ever take it off, wait for me vera" he sits me on his lap rubbing his thumb across my cheek" never forget me, i swear i will come back and give you the biggest diamond imaginable" i chuckle and wipe off the dust off his shoulder "do you ever wear anything but that bloody uniform" he smiles and kisses me from my forehead to my neck, i hear Catalan squeaking and hitting her man "you're not like that"

"now.!" he gets up and stands up straight "get dressed we're visiting my family" i roll my eyes dragging my lazy arse off of my bed, cat jumps on top of me "IM GOING TOOOOO"i chuckle rolling in the bed with her.

in the train

we took a long train ride to Birmingham, i look out the window and even the trees have a depressing feel to them  "quiet dull looking huh"i look at him, "ya but its home" he continues talking but i get lost in his icy blue eyes

he smirks down at me "stop starring"he acts like a shy women teasing me, i push him to the side as soon as we know it the whistle blows, he grabs our bags in a rush and drags me and cat out of the train, i stood in awe, cat whispers "close your mouth before you start catching flies, i cant deny it are all men in Birmingham this goorrgouuss" she extends her word leaning forward

Thomas throws the bags at the blonde boy starring deep at me "catch!"he chuckles and throws and arm around the blonde, "Oi!!" cat screams "careful " she pushes tom jokingly, i felt a little rage since she has been acting as if she fancies him sinc...

Thomas throws the bags at the blonde boy starring deep at me "catch!"he chuckles and throws and arm around the blonde, "Oi!!" cat screams "careful " she pushes tom jokingly, i felt a little rage since she has been acting as if she fancies him since the day i introduced them to each a while back, "alright so this is my little cousin Michael, this beauty is Vera my fiancé and her friend Catalan and ya" tom laughs like his usual playful self, Michael nods and smiles at us.

"alright here ya go" Michael passes the bags to a young looking boy "thats Finn he's my youngest brother" tom points a the tall kid "go drop them off at my house and leave the two dark bags in the double bed bedroom we'll see you in the garrison" he talks to Finn, the blonde has a quiet distance aura around.

we get greeted by a rough looking man with a thick mustachio "this is Arthur my older brother" tommy points at him and the man smiles "hello" look back at the rearview window to me and cat and Michael who is clearly annoyed.

at the garrison

a pub full of workers and soldiers navy, air force and army men drinking and singing with the old bartender "SO. listen up this is Vera my fiancé and her lovely friend Catalan" he wraps his arm around Cat kind of annoying me, she socialises with people something i can never fully do, i have a stale face and i get bothered quickly.

a round of naval officers walk in joining in the party as i light a cigarette, a man comes to me and strokes my arm he's one of the new naval officer that came in, i look down at his hand on my arm and blow the smoke on to his face "sode you then" he walks away angry

this added fuel to my growing temper in the corner of my eye i see Cat talking and drinking with tom extremely close, i frown and dig my nails into my fist "hot tempered i see" i look up to see Michael "not judging i am too, your friend seem to en...

this added fuel to my growing temper in the corner of my eye i see Cat talking and drinking with tom extremely close, i frown and dig my nails into my fist "hot tempered i see" i look up to see Michael "not judging i am too, your friend seem to enjoy the company of men" lift his hand to his side 'no offense by that"  i look up "ya its true" i pour myself whiskey and keep pouring it until half the cup is filled, i down it all in one go, his eyes widen in disbelief "my lord" he whisper low"god i think i found my twin" he smirks with cold eyes which i actually find normal too.

third person POV

the men started cheering at Cat does cartwheels across the floor landing into tom as they both die of laughter, Michael watches but look back at Vera's dark set eyes and her clenched hand he takes her hand and leads her outside, tom sees this he's very protective but he is family.

the wind of the august air brushes their faces, they walk and sit by on a bend near to the garrison but its not in vision of it, he hands her a cigarette and lits hers and he self, she takes puff of it and blows it out "so are you going into war "nope" he looks up blowing his smoke upwards "weak vision" she chuckles "wow never know they had standards" 

a silence falls on them "whats wrong with you though you are very jealous" he looks at her "i'm not sure" she closes her eyes crossing her legs, he looks to the side lost in her feature "do you love him?" she smiles weakly keeping her eyes closed " i told him i would say it if he comes back alive" Michael sits back and spreads his arms on the back of the bench "would you mean it-" cutting him off look straight at him with intense eyes "yes"

"Tom why ar yo-"Cat looks at tom "do.. do you think she will start liking Michael or anyone once i leave" he says looking at them from up-far