Why me? Chapter 2.

"Do you think dad is still alive?" Elle asked her aunt Ash. Ashley answered with "I really don't know kid, but either way, we are getting Reese out of there." Sunny waddles Her was across the kitchen as Elle tells her to go eat breakfast. "And we are going to do that how" Elle shoots back. "That is the one part that I haven't figured out yet." Elle thought about it for the next couple days.

It was around 1:30 in the morning when Elle heard her phone buzzing, she was getting a call. It was Reese! She quickly jumped up and answered it. There had been a fire at the foster home, they needed homes for the girls to stay in for a while. Elle quickly hopped out of her room, down the hall into her aunt Ashley's room, she screamed "we have a chance to get Reese for a while, hurry get in the car!" Ash jumped up and went a lot faster than she should have. Thank god the police weren't out at this time of night. They got to the foster home to see nothing, nothing but burnt ashes. Ashley jumped over to the foster parents and said, "hello my name is Ashley Carter and this is my 8 year old niece Reese. I heard you need a place for her to stay, I'm open." They continued to say, they have to go in pairs. So Ashley said she could take Reese and one more. Ashley told Reese to pick one person and she chose her best friend, Avery. Elle ran over and game Reese a huge hug. Ashley, Elle, Reese and Avery all got into the car, brought them home. Reese slept in Elle's bed, and Avery slept on the couch. In the morning Ashley brought them to the local mall and got them to pick out some clothes. Reese picked so similar to what Elle would pick, girly and pink.

Authors note: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment and let me know if you would prefer small chapters, similar to the first chapter, every week. Or long chapters a little bit bigger than this one every 2 weeks. Let me know!