"THE E-QOY" Collaboration between Ciera Iris Cachet and Suiourne

THE EQOY

                                                                           (Preface)

Once they welcome you in, you become a part of them... forever!

The Eqoy are the elite jet-setters of the year 3023, who developed a new way of living after the great plague that ravaged the Earth in the year 2023. All livestock died off from the contamination, along with 90 percent of the World's population.

The Eqoy, praise be, gave us this safe haven in their great wisdom. They give us food. They keep us healthy. They give us life itself, and give those lives meaning. They are enlightened beings, holy and generous and full of hope for the future. Our children and our children's children shall never feel fear or sickness or sadness.

The Eqoy will heal the outside world, the people say. The enlightened ones will bring us the blue sky, the stars, the grass, the freedom that our forefathers so ignorantly threw away in their madness and blood lust.

Some say that the Eqoy are themselves gods. That as such pure beings, they bring health to the very ground their feet touch.

They are beautiful, glowing with vitality that does not dim.

They are perfection. They are our protectors.

At least, that's what we were raised to believe.

     Every sunrise and sunset feel the same in the city of Qoy, so vibrantly awe inspiring. Spilling light from the sun,  illuminating the crystal cased multi-level structures lined with every type of vegetation for consumption. All organic, richly soiled and robust in aroma.

   People of Qoy counted every day a blessing while they observed with reverence beaming prismatic light through the stone washed streets. Today was different though it was the day of Ebbra, and excitement grew in the People of Qoy as they assembled in the eastern square.

  Today's Centennial celebration was to commemorate the survival of the human race, a time of silence came the morning of first. None were aloud to speak until the exact moment of the Ebbra's end when all voices would come together in unity to signify that human life has been sustained and could be heard even in space if we joined together to break the sound barrier. As the original survivors had in the year 2023, to alert the S-D8 or the Star-dusters.

   The Star-dusters were the only 8 in space at the time of the great Plague that nearly ended humanity. The S-D8 have remained there ever since. they were the greatest Scientist compiled from every part of the Earth, and lived in harmony while trying to develop a cure for the Plague they had named Aquam-unda-bacillus or the A-UB, was a deadly electromagnetic wave that was sent from experimental satellites called Ravens.

   Placed in the  ionosphere just a decade before the A-UB the Ravens were all part of the experiment that started off with good intentions but led to the destruction of more than 90 percent of the planets life. All the earth-based, and sea creatures, and birds of the air, alike died in an instant. It was a  frequency or wave that effected the water in the bodies in all living things that caused the mass deaths or the great Silence.

   The people of Qoy were grateful to the E-Qoy for building them this new home that would shelter them and there children, and there many generations to come. The beloved E-Qoy were their only Deity and they would love nothing more than to be welcome someday into their homes. It was common knowledge that the E-Qoy would adopt anyone who entered into there living quarters, so all were hopeful of this blessing.

   The E-Qoy were gracious enough to choose or take in the people who were healthiest and smartest first. So all Qoy dwellers strive for perfection in there diet and education. It was the most coveted position to become a member of the E-Qoys' family. The majority of the people of Qoy obeyed without questioning anything, that is all but one girl named Sayde Reign.

   Sayde just 14 years, had a violent streak that didn't sit well with others, as they were a people of peace and cooperation. Her Aspergers Syndrome drove away her peers. She concidered any attempt to fit in  mundane. Excelling in her studies, but always falling short in her social skills, Sayde cared about one thing, and one thing only..becoming an E-Qoy!