{Jonah Marias} Heights

"Do we have to go?" I asked from my seat on the couch in the living room. I looked over to the five boys who stared down at me, arms crossed.
"Did she -?" Jack spoke up, pointing towards me talking to the boys.
" - I think she did." Zach replied, turning his attention back to me.
"Cute." I said sitting up properly. "You even finish each other's sentences."
"C'mon, (Y/N)." Jonah said pulling me up so that I was standing up. "This is the first day off we've had in a while. We're going to the fair. You're coming with us. And you're going to appreciate it."
"Fine." I groaned, allowing Daniel to grab my arm and pull me towards the sprinter van. I sat in my usual seat at the back, next to Jonah and Corbyn, buckling myself up.
Soon we arrived at the fair and as soon as I stepped out of the van I saw a ginormous ferris wheel. My heart dropped and I gulped. There's no way I'm going on that. No thank you.
The boys were all very excited, today they were allowed to have a break and do things that they might not normally do. I was happy for them. I mean I see how hard they work first hand, I see how much they need a break.
We made our way through the entrance and began walking to one of the first rides that you come too at the fair. Rollercoasters I can handle. Heights, not so much.
The first rollercoaster wasn't the biggest one in the park, but it was good enough to pace ourselves through the day. And somehow I managed to sit next to the one boy who made me nervous. Having a crush on Jonah was not what I wanted. Being his best friend and being a best friend of all the boys meant I was firmly stuck in the friendzone, which wasn't what I wanted. When I first met the boys I thought Jonah was the cutest and the sweetest, but once getting to know him I knew we'd be amazing friends, and we are. But now that I knew I had feelings for him it made me so much more awkward and nervous around him.
The only person who knew about this crush was Jack. We are really close and I could trust him with my biggest secret ever. I originally told him so that he could give me ideas on how to get over him. But of course he wasn't that helpful, pretty much assigning who was going to sit next to who on the rides, placing me right next to Jonah.
"You okay?" Jonah asked me as we stood in the queue for another rollercoaster. I was staring at the ferris wheel, but looked at Jonah as soon as I heard his voice.
"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked confused, looking up at the tall boy.
"I know you wasn't really in the mood to come here this morning, I just wanted to see if your mind was changed?"
"Of course it is, Jo." I replied smiling up at him. "You know I love spending time with the five boys."
"Just Jonah!" Jack said through a fake cough behind me. I turned around to see him grinning from ear to ear.
"Jack!" I mouthed at him, of course he would go and make it awkward for me. "You ok, Jack?" I asked patting him hard on the back making him cower away from me. Idiot.
We made our way through a couple of more rides at the park before taking a pit stop to grab some lunch. I was hungry and annoyed, Jack had kept making subtle jokes today but thankfully Jonah hadn't heard them. I hope.
"Let's go on the ferris wheel." Corbyn said as soon as we finished eating. "It's not a crazy ride so it means we can digest our food and not throw up."
Only he would think that. I watched as all the boys nodded their heads in reply, getting up. I followed behind them trying not to show that I was absolutely freaking out. They walked towards the queue and that's when I took it upon myself to say no.
"I think I'm gonna sit this one out." I said making all five boys whip their head in my direction.
"Why?" Zach asked.
"I just ate. I'm not really in the mood."
"Oh come on, (Y/N), it'll be fun." Daniel said walking over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"I - I want to go on it but I'm just not feeling it." I said. Please make them agree.
"Okay, who's going to wait with (Y/N) then?" Zach asked. My eyes nearly popped out of my head. The boys were unusually excited to go on this ferris wheel and I didn't want to stop one of them from going on it.
"But I don't think anyone wants to go on it alone either." Corbyn says. DO I GO ON IT OR NOT.
"No. No." I said. "I'll wait by myself."
"Yeah, c'mon (Y/N), we can go on it together. It'll be fun." Jonah said taking a step towards me. I tried to not burst out laughing at Jack who had choked out of surprise. I looked over to him too see his head nodding ferociously.
"Ergh, fine." I groaned, walking to join the queue. "Are you joining me or not?" I asked the five boys who were behind me.
Jack and Zach got on the ride first. Then Corbyn and Daniel. Finally, it was Jonah and I's turn. My heart was beating fast, my palms were sweating, I was on the verge of passing out but for some reason I felt oddly safe sitting next to Jonah as the bar was lowered over us.
The wheel began moving and I shut my eyes tight. Holding the bar so tight my knuckles tight, trying to regulate my breath. We are so high up.
"Hey, you okay, (Y/N)?" I heard Jonah ask before feeling a hand go over my left one. "You're holding that bar really tight."
"Yeah. I'm fine." I managed to get out. My throat felt extremely dry.
"Really? You look really scared." Jonah said with concern filling his voice. "Are you scared of ferris wheels or something?"
"No. Heights."
"Why didn't you tell us!" He asked. "We wouldn't have forced you on this ride. I opened one eye, turning my head to look at him. He was surprisingly closer than I expected, his right arm was wrapped tightly behind me, his left hand on my own. I turned my head to face him, opening both eyes. It felt like it was just me and him. No one else. No ferris wheel. Just us.
"Are you okay?" He asked. I took a deep breath before replying.
"Not really. I didn't want to make you wait with me or sit up here by yourself. But I'm just really really scared of heights. Like petrified of them. I think it started when I was young. Actually I don't know when it started. My mom has a fear of heights, maybe it's genetic bu-"
I was cut off short from my nervous ramble when I felt a pair of lips on mine. I held my breath from surprise, my eyes open to see Jonah's closed, his left hand coming up to cup my face. I melted into the kiss, my eyes fluttered shut and I let everything happen naturally. He pulled away and stared at me, rosy lips and rosy cheeks. I felt my face heat up. DID THAT JUST HAPPEN.
"Did you just kiss me?" I asked surprised, no longer scared from the heights.
"I did. Yeah."
"You just kissed me. You just kissed me when we're on the verge of death. What if we accidentally lent to far on one side and the whole carriage tipped. Did you think of that, huh?"
"Okay, one we are not on the verge of death." He laughed. "And two, you were panicking so I thought to kiss you."
"Why?"
"Why do you think, (Y/N)? Because I like you and I know you like me."
"You do?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah. Jack's not as subtle as you think." He laughed. I rolled my eyes, slapping my head into my hand.
"Oh god." I laughed. "I didn't want you too fine out."
"Why not?"
"Because what if you didn't like me back? That would be embarrassing."
"But I do." He mumbled, kissing me again.
"YEA!" I heard someone yelled. Jonah and I pulled apart to see all the other boys clapping their hands, cheering. They were standing by the queue, clearly off the ride now.
"FINALLY!" Daniel yelled, waiting for Jonah and I too walk towards them. I blushed hard, feeling Jonah's arm around my shoulders.
"I never thought I would see the day you two admitted you have the hots for each other." Corbyn said.
"I thought I was gonna have grandchildren before you admitted it." Zach said making me snort. I am surrounded by dorks.

A/N: sorry if anything is misspelled, hope you liked this story❣️