Weapon Do's and Don'ts Followed by Random Encounters

Zuko had come back from the island with his men on one Komodo Rhino. The entire party was soaked. Hikari had asked what had happened only to be shouted at with the demand she never ask again. Of course she let them be after that. It probably would wound their pride even more.

     Typical men.

     While they had their wounded morale to tend to, she was more focused on beginning an expansion of her abilities. It was only the day after the attack on Kyoshi Island. The girl was sparing a couple of the crew members. There was firebending thrown in here and there. For the most part, they were taking it easy on her. She had yet to gain full confidence and control when it came to a fight against benders, not to mention being outnumbered by them.

     Her mind was rushing as fast as her heart was pounding. It was hard to keep track of who was where and when fire would come blasting in to catch you off guard. It was a challenge. She was going to pass it. She would not trust herself to ask her important question if she lost this spar.

     She blocked a punch to the face and used it as an advantage to twist her opponents arm behind his back. Out the corner of her eye, she saw the blast of fire. Using the firebender as her shield, he was forced to knock the incoming blast away, only to have his legs kicked out from underneath him. He was knocked out when he hit the ground.

     The two fighters walked around each other, trying to read who would do what. It was clear that Hikari would not be attacking first. Her adversary jumped up and sent an arch of flames just by kicking. She rolled out the way and stood to be met with more fire coming her way.

     The brunette huffed through her nose and decided to take the initiative and get into close quarters to get him to stop. He would have to focus on her instead of what he would bend at her next. It just so happened that when he got hit by her uppercut, he hesitated long enough to get his legs swept out from underneath him. The victor of the fight smirked down at him before holding her hand out.

     Defeated, he took her hand and got to his feet with her help. The other was just coming too, his helmet was off and he was holding the sore spot on the back of his head.

     "You're getting stronger, Hikari," the fallen man commented.

     "Just the way I like it." She helped him to his feet, "I hope I wasn't too strong for ya... You actually blacked out there."

     "Eh, nothing the doctor can't look at."

     "Too bad General Iroh wasn't here to witness that," the other soldier said. "I think he would have been very impressed."

     "I hope so!" She placed her hand to the back of her neck, "If he were here, I'd ask him if I... Well..."

     A different voice asked, "If you could what?"

     The three jumped and quickly bowed before the character in question. Iroh stood there with his usual look of cheer, though it seemed to have dimmed at little. The spar the brunette had been in was both to get in more training and build up the confidence to ask for what she wanted. Seeing that her uncle was now here and had overheard her, there was no point in running.

     "General Iroh, sir!" The uninjured man addressed him, "We were just having a friendly spar."

     The other nodded his head, still holding his sore spot, "Yeah! Lady Hikari is getting better by the day. You've taught her well, sir."

     "There's no need to defend me," the girl in question told her partners, "it's not like I'm in any trouble... I hope."

     "Is that so?" The old man grinned, "Why don't the two of you take a short break and get that injury checked. I'd like to have a few words with the young lady."