Stupid Gray Eyes

•••

Who are you to decide what I need

As if you'd be the one sobbing into their knee

Watching your love walk away, finally set free

•••

"Are you alright?"

"Hermione!"

Draco ran up next to me, grasping my arm, holding me in place.

"What Draco!" I exclaimed, the anger radiating through me.

Draco's eyes narrowed, "I'm sorry."

I sighed in defeat and relaxed against his hold, "I'm sorry, I was mad at Ron, not you. What do you have to be sorry for? You've helped me through so much-"

"Yeah, I've helped you through all of the shit I put you through! I'm the reason you're not happy Hermione! Don't you see that? Obviously Weasel can, and so can everyone else!" Draco closed his eyes and pressed his forehead to mine, his hands cupping my cheeks while his lips brushed against my skin, "Why me?"

I looked up into his eyes, his lost, hurting eyes and was overcome by the terrible feeling of sadness.

"I wish," I whispered, "I wish I could take all the pain and the heartache from you and bear it myself than watch you go through it all."

That obviously wasn't the right thing to say.

He skidded back from me, as if I'd burned him, "I can't keep doing this, Hermione."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I can't keep hurting you, over and over again," Draco cried, desperation laced within his words.

My heart stopped beating, "What are you saying?"

Now, I am not one to ask a stupid question, or a question that I already have the answer to, or even a question that has an obvious answer. However, I needed to ask it. I needed to hear the words come out of his mouth. Hear him say those words that ripped my heart freshly in two.

His voice cracked, "I'm breaking up with you," he choked over his next words, "I can't be the reason you cry, I can't be the reason you hurt, this is what's good for you-"

My anger snapped like a piece of thread, "Damn you! How dare you decide what is good for me! You are good for me! Can't you see that? How exactly is this better for me? So that I can go out with someone like Ron to try to get over you?" his jaw twitched and I knew I've hit a nerve, "So that I can cry myself to sleep at night knowing that I've watched you walk away two times now? I forgave you for walking out the first time, Draco. There was a war - I got that. What's the excuse this time?"

He didn't answer, his stupid gray eyes locked on my brown ones.

Those stupid gray eyes with blue tints that had me falling as soon as I'd seen him. Those stupid gray eyes that would tear up when he'd laugh. Those stupid gray eyes that shone all the love in to world for me.

"I'll never forgive you for this. I hope you realize this," He didn't do anything. he didn't move, didn't talk, just stood there like an idiot. I pressed my back against the wall and slid until I hit the floor, "Go on," I sighed, having no more tears, exhausted from my own emotions, "Walk away then."

"Hermione-"

"Go," I glared at the floor in front of me.

I swear I could hear him sob, but then his perfectly polished shoes strutted away, out of my vision, and I was left staring at the wall.

Why Me?

•••

Super short because I wanted to update as quickly as possible and I didn't want this chapter to be too long. Next chapter should be up in no less than a week.

Also I'm sorry that I always make their relationship seem so toxic. The next book I'm working on I'm trying not to make it not that way but, yeah, I just realized in all my books they fight a lot lol. Sorry.