• Just Another Lie •

•••

I never imagined how hard it would be

To know you're out there

But know I can never have you back

•••

I walked out of the fireplace and immediately wanted to walk right back in.

Memories flooded my head.

I saw myself as an innocent eleven year old girl, who couldn't wipe the stupid grin off her face for the life of her. My mum would hug me goodbye and talk about how proud of me she was. Then she'd make sure to make me promise to write every week. I would roll my eyes but nod and say, "Yes, mum."

Then, my Dad.

He'd stand there, his hand on my head, his other lifting up my chin to get me to look into his eyes, "I Love you Mia." I'd smile and tell him I loved him too. Then, thinking nothing of it, I'd run to the train and wave goodbye to them from my compartment I shared with Harry and Ron.

I made my way through the crowd of parents saying goodbye to their kids until they would come back for holidays. I kept my head low, but I was still stopped by several people asking for pictures and autographs.

There was even a group of reporters gathered at the doors to the train which I managed to avoid after joining a group of sixth years onto the train.

I walked down the train cars, praying to merlin that I wouldn't run into Draco.

I made it to the compartment Harry, Ron, Ginny, and I had claimed and smiled when I saw Harry sitting there, looking out the window.

"Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one," I smiled as I said it.

Harry turned to face me and he broke out into a grin.

He pulled me into a tight and meaningful embrace. He sighed into my hair, "'Mione-"

I shut my eyes and buried my head between his shoulder and his head, "I know."

"Who would've thought I'd loose my boyfriend to my best friend," Ginny's sarcastic voice cut through my ears and I let go of Harry to face her.

Ginny stood grinning at me before flying into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and grinned, "I missed you."

Ginny pulled away and smirked, "I tend to have that affect on people."

"'Mione," Ron breathed.

I looked up and smiled at him, wrapping my arms around him as he did the same.

We all sat down as the train started moving. Harry and Ginny across from Ron and I. I tried to listen to what they were talking about, but my mind was running like crazy, trying to figure out things with Draco, Memories from the past years trying to haunt me, my parents absense making itself very know- my mind was like a hurricane and I know Ginny could tell.

"Boys, why don't you go raid the trolley," Ginny said, nudging Harry without taking her eyes off of mine.

Ron didn't argue, in fact, his face lit up at the mention of sweets. Harry smiled at us before disappearing out of the compartment, the door shutting behind him.

"Spill."

I shook my head, flipping pointlessly through my book, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"That's bloody bull and you know it," she sounded angry and I looked up in shock.

Ginny sighed, closing her eyes, "Hermione, I know about you and Draco's relationship. Or whatever is going on between you two-"

My heart raced, "How?"

Ginny gave me a look, "You're my best friend, Hermione. You were very cautious and very good at hiding everything, but the day we won the war. When everyone was on the steps, I saw what was happening between you and Draco. Despite the bloody coward running off-"

Anger burned inside me, "He's not a coward," I snapped.

Ginny looked at her hands, "I'm sorry, he's not a coward."

I sighed, "The truth is, I don't know what's going on between us. I haven't spoken to him since the day he ran away from the battle."

"He's here, you know."

I winced and rubbed my left arm, my scar.

Ginny's expression softened, "I hate to tell you this, 'Mione, but you're going to have to face him eventually."

I nodded, "I know. I just-" my throat suddenly got smaller and it was hard to swallow, "I just don't know what to do."

Ginny frowned and sat down next to me, she pulled me down so that my head way laying across her lap and she let me cry as she softly ran her hand through my hair.

"It'll be okay. I promise."

Just another lie.