• Fancy Seeing You Lot Here •

•••

It's too late now

I'm too far gone

Only you can save me now

•••

Sweat ran down my face, mixing with my tears.

I stood in my own living room, behind my unsuspecting parents who sat on the couch, talking about normal things and admiring photos that were places around the room.

I held in a noisy sob and extended my wand, wiping tears away from my face but it was no use, new ones simply replaced them.

I closed my eyes and muttered the word that would haunt me for a long time.

"Obliviate."

I wiped the tears from my eyes in one last feeble attempt and then grabbed my bag of belongings and walked out the door.

I walked to the end of the driveway, telling myself not to turn back. It'll just make it worse, but I can't help it.

As I turn around, I gasp and drop my bag, my hands over my mouth.

The house I walked out of seconds ago was full of raging fire.

I sobbed, "Mum! Dad!"

I ran into the house, not even considering the consequences, blinded by fear.

I threw open the door, ready to grab them both and pull them out.

But when I stepped through the doorway, I was in the Malfoy manor.

My heart stopped.

"No," I sobbed.

I turned around, looking for a door, but instead I saw a new nightmare.

Voldemort stood in the middle of the room, the Malfoy family to his left and Bellatrix to his right. Death eaters lined the room.

"Draco, step forward," Voldemort hissed.

Draco's pale and skinny frame took several steps forward until he stood a good three feet away from Voldemort.

He kneeled and a hot stroke of pain spurs through me.

"Rise."

He swallows with great effort and obeys.

"You know perfectly well the risks of becoming a death eater, one of my soldiers, young Draco. I can tell. You are finally ready. Do you accept the dark mark?"

Anyone in the room could tell it wasn't a question. Still, Draco looked painfully at him parents, practically pleading.

Lucius simply lifted his chin. Narcissa bit back a sob and nodded at him. Draco looked reluctantly back at Voldemort and nodded, "I accept, my Lord."

Voldemort grinned and grasped Draco's left arm out.

Draco took a sharp intake of breath. Voldemort couldn't care less, "Brace yourself, young Draco."

Voldemort held out his wand and touched it to Draco's wrist.

Immediately, Draco cried out in pain. He bit down so hard he broke open his lip. Still, Voldemort viciously continued, pressing down even harder.

Draco's knees buckled and I cried out, "STOP! STOP PLEASE!"

"DRACO!" I cried.

I closed my eyes as I collapsed to the hard floor, Draco's cries of pain filling my head but mostly my heart.

"Draco," I sobbed.

I opened my eyes to a bright room.

Someone was hovering over top of me, I blinked away the tears and saw Ginny, her hair wild, her eyes sad, and her lips pursed into a concerned look.

She looked at something on my other side and I turned to see Harry, hair as messy as ever, crooked glasses, and a protective look on his face.

I didn't even argue when Harry lifted me off of my bed, or when both of them wrapped my arms around their shoulders to help me walk.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my voice cracking.

Ginny sighed, "We're finally taking you to McGonagall."

We made it to the gargoyle, the entrance to the headmaster/headmistress office.

"Shit," Ginny muttered, realizing they would need a password.

Harry shook his head, "Don't worry," he looked at the statue, "Lemon drop."

The gargoyle moved with a groan.

Ginny looked at him questioningly. He explained, "The night we left the battle, McGonagall pulled me aside and told me she'd keep Dumbledore's password and to come to her office whenever I needed to."

We made it to the door of the office and Harry knocked.

"Come in," a cautious voice called.

Harry swung the door open and we all walked in.

McGonagall's eyes widened, "Mr. Potter, Miss. Weasley... Miss. Granger?"

I smiled slightly in greeting, half hanging onto the two.

A laugh from the corner caused my focus to shift to the two figures in the room. Blaise stood next to Draco, who was leaning on the bookshelf for support, sweat shining on his face and soaking his shirt.

"Fancy seeing you lot here," Blaise grinned.

"What can I do for you three?" McGonagall asked, after eyeing Blaise.

Ginny sat me down on a chair, which I sagged into.

"The war's been hard on us all. You helped Harry through all of his troubles. Hermione- she hasn't been the same. She hasn't eaten in a week, she's always on edge and has flashbacks all the time that she gets almost sucked into. And don't even get me started on the nightmares-"

McGonagall stares at me, obviously worried. I blinked simply to keep my eyes open so I don't fall asleep and have more nightmares.

"-she fights to stay awake so that she doesn't have them but she's exhausted."

"Interesting. I seem to have a similar case," she glanced over at Blaise and Draco.

She paused, "Mr. Zabini, Miss. Weasley, and Mr. Potter you may leave. I assure you the two of them are in good hands."

I made eye contact with Draco and my breath hitches and I have to tear my eyes away from him before I get lost in two pools of gray