[Mr. Pierce] Lala's still out there on the loose, and he's getting desperate, Gambi. He killed LaWanda. He's gonna come after my girls next if we don't get to him first.

Instead of going to class, I went to the weight room and got on the treadmill. I took my shirt off and plugged my Earbuds in and started running.

I didn't notice that someone had come into the weight room until I felt a soft hand touch my bicep. I looked over and saw Jennifer smiling at me. I took my earbuds out and stopped the treadmill.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked her as I reached for my water bottle. She giggled and pulled out a bottle of booze.

I watched her for a moment and decided to take the bottle from her. She looked at me and pouted. I smiled at her and threw the bottle away.

"What, now you're drinking at school? That ain't cool, girl." I sat down next to her and she cuddled against me.

"After what happened, I just wanted to take my mind off of things, forget about the world and all the terrible shit that goes on." She put her hand on my chest like she was feeling for my heartbeat. I put my hand over hers and she looked up at me and smiled.

"If you ever need to get away from something, just call me and I'll help you." I told her and held her tighter as the bell rung for the next period.

We pretty much spent the rest of the day together. I walked her home and said goodbye, she kissed my cheek and ran inside. I smiled to myself and decided to go for a walk.

It was getting dark and I made my way through the city of Freeland. I heard a commotion going on and I noticed that Black Lightning was back. He looked pissed and I heard someone talking in his ear. He made his way to the penthouse and I watched as jumped out one of the windows, probably to escape the police.

I failed to notice that my best friend was behind him until he jumped on my back.

"What the hell Chris, you scared the shit out of me!!!" He laughed until he couldn't breathe and I continued to walk on without him.

"Trev, I'm sorry, it was too good of an opportunity and I couldn't pass it up." He put his arm around my shoulder. I smelled a strong cologne on him and smirked.

"So, who were you with all day." I teased and he stiffened. I pushed him slightly and he stumbled.

"Umm...no one, just a friend of mine." He stuttered and I didn't press on.

We walked to an ice cream parlor and ordered some ice cream. We sat down and one of the many decorative tables and ate in silence.

"I see that you and Jennifer as getting close." He smiled as he ate a spoonful of his Neapolitan ice cream. I laughed at his attempt to embarrass me.

"Yeah. We're getting pretty tight. She's a cool girl." I told him and went to throw my trash away. As I walked back to our booth I noticed a guy sitting two tabled behind us, fidgeting.

I slowly walked back to our table and sat next to Chris.

"That guy in front of us looks really nervous, very sketchy." Chris looked up discretely and nodded back at me. I told Chris to walk outside and call the police. The man suddenly stood up and revealed to us that he had a gun.

"Everyone get down!" I yelled as we ducked under the tables. I quickly kicked the table towards the man and he tripped and fell on the ground. Everyone started rushing out the doors and I was left alone with the guy.

He lunged at me, but I ducked and slid under his legs. He tried to kick me, but I blocked his foot and lifted his leg up and threw him across the room.

He didn't look too happy about that.

He pulled out a knife and ran towards me, but suddenly he stopped and looked confused. I looked down at myself, but I couldn't see anything. I'm invisible!

I started to punch the guy in the face and then I delivered a powerful blow that knocked him out.

I watched as police cars showed up, so I quickly fled the scene. I ran to the back of the parlor and tried to make myself visible again. I slowed my heartbeat down and noticed that my clothes were once again visible.

What the hell just happened?

Since when was I a metahuman?

Where the hell is Chris?

What's gonna happen to me?

So many questions were going through my head, but I only had one thing on my mind: RUN!