“A-Ah... w-we were cuddled up on the couch... and I was holding his hand... Then he looked up at me and grabbed my shirt...” He murmured. My eyes widened. “I couldn’t stop myself...”

I felt a lump in my throat.

It sounds like he’s trying to defend himself to someone...

“Don’t say that, I won’t last sixteen days at this rate...” He groaned.

Sixteen days..? I’m definitely missing something here.

“No one could ever replace you, not even Niall.” He said. He started to laugh and I felt my heart ache.

Wait, what?

Oh look jealousy was back.

“What does that make me then..?” He joked. Oh and again.

“You always cheer me up.” He murmured. I felt my throat actually close up as the waves of jealousy ripped through me. He laughed again.

“Love you too.” He murmured. I heard his phone beep as he hung up and I panicked. I bolted down the hallway and into my bedroom; shutting the door as quietly as possible behind me. I collapsed against the door and slowly brought a hand up to cover my mouth as my eyes started to bulge out of my head.

Holy Shit.

I sunk down to the floor and grabbed at my hair as I tried to make sense of everything that I’d just heard. Liam had been about to kiss me; that I was sure of. I’d been so damn happy until I’d heard him start to talk about things that I had no idea of.

What the hell is going to happen in sixteen days? Did he mean me when he said that he was hiding feelings? What did he mean when he’d said that he was planning on telling me ‘everything’?

All of those questions circled around inside my head and I tried and failed to make sense of it all. There was one question, however, that had me ripping my hair out.

“No one could ever replace you, not even Niall.” “You always cheer me up.” “Love you too.”

Those sentences were the ones that were eating me up. It was obvious that Liam was really close to whomever he was talking to, considering that he’d been talking to them about almost kissing me, but what I couldn’t figure out was why he was defending his reasons for doing it.

It's almost as if he was feeling guil-

That terrified look on Liam’s face when he’d pulled away from me flashed through my mind. I felt my heart turn to ice.

Was that a look of guilt..?

Ugh... I don't even know.

I screamed out in frustration. That one question still had me ripping my hair out.

Who the hell was he talking to?!

I took a deep breath and sat there in silence for what felt like forever.

“Love you too.”

Those two words were now the only thing left in my mind. They played on repeat inside my head; over and over again until they suddenly triggered a flashback. A flashback back to that night at the restaurant: