Chapter 13-Part A

Chapter 13-Part A:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 14:

I'd lain on my bed in my room for most of the day. I'd just zoned out really, thinking. Thinking about how Niall had up and left without telling anyone, how yesterday I’d shown Dark Liam to the boys, in full fury, how I’d kissed Niall, how even though he was asleep in my arms; he still got scared.

I winced.

Why can't I make him feel safe? Am I not enough?

Louis knocked on the door and snapped me out of my depression spiral:

“Liam... you alright..?” He called. I said nothing. “...can I come in..?”

I still said nothing.

I heard the door open and looked up to see him cautiously poking his head in. He looked a combination of worried and terrified. Dark Liam can do that to people. That’s why I sealed him away years ago.

“...what is it?” I mumbled; turning away on my side and facing the window. It was almost sunset. Louis came in and sat down on the bed next to me:

“You gave us quite a shock yesterday...” He mused. He sounded off. I guess he was trying to hide his intimidation, like everyone did when they found out.

“Good.” I said angrily. “Now I don’t have to be careful around you guys anymore.” He rested a hand on my leg.

“You shouldn’t have hidden it from us in the first place...” He cautioned.

“Really?” I snapped back. “You really think that you’d have treated me the same when we met if I'd let him out?!”

I wasn’t really angry at Louis. It was just everything that had happened boiling to the surface. Louis’ hand tensed.

“Probably not if you’d shown it straight away, but as you got closer to us, you could have at least mentioned it...” He trailed off. “...so anyway, that kiss was pretty intense wasn’t it?” He teased. I really wasn't in the mood for this. My rage started to grow again:

“Don’t go there Louis. Just don’t.” I warned. My voice was starting to creep down a tone or two. Louis took his hand off of my leg.

That’s right, be afraid. Fear me.

“Sorry mate.” He said; his voice starting to relax a bit. As annoyed as I was that he wouldn't leave I was still grateful that he wasn't giving up. At least he wanted to stay and deal with me, unlike Niall had.

“You know you scared the crap out of us this morning; bursting into our bedrooms in nothing but your underwear.” Louis chuckled. I looked down at myself and realised that I still was in my underwear.

What the-?

Louis saw my confused expression and laughed. He tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to face him. His face softened when he saw that my eyes were red and bloodshot. He stroked a hand over my hair and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“...You know you’re gonna have to fix that hole you made in the wall this morning.” He laughed. I sat up to face him and as I did I leaned on my wrist. I winced and grabbed it with my other hand. Louis noticed straight away:

“You idiot.” He said. “You actually hurt yourself, didn’t you?!”

He started laughing again. I squeezed my hand and winced again.