Memories

Knees shaking, tears falling, Chanyeol had his face in his hands, and waited for news to come. He was waiting in the waiting room, hoping that Baekhyun was okay. He looked around, and saw other families and friends who were also waiting for their loved ones to be okay. 

This is all my fault, and it's also that ing ice-cream cart's fault, too. Chanyeol said to himself. He promised himself to neto never eat ice-cream again. Just then, a nurse came in.

"Is there a Park Chanyeol here, for Mr. Byun Baekhyun?" She softly asked. Chanyeol's ears' tingled, hearing Baekhyun's name. He quickly got up. 

"That's me! I'm Park Chanyeol! Where is my Baekhyun?! Is my Baekhyun okay? Please, nurse. Please tell me he's alive. I just want my Baekkie to be okay..." Chanyeol got on his knees, sobbing hysterically. The nurse put her hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Sir, Mr. Byun is alive, but..."

"OMIGOD! MY BAEKHYUN IS ALIVE! HE'S ALIVE. WE CAN BE WITH EACH OTHER FOREVER."

"Sir, you didn't let me finish.."

"My Baekkie is okay. I will never let him get hurt like that ever again. We..."

"Sir! I.. I... Please come and follow me." She said. Chanyeol nodded and followed the nurse to Room 562, the room where Baekhyun was in. 

"Now, sir, he is in a critical condition so I advise you to be gentle with..."

Chanyeol hurriedly opened the door, and yelled,"Baekhyun!" He rushed to Baekhyun, and hugged him. Baekhyun looked terrible. He had so many bruises and cuts, and his arm and leg were in a cast.

"Omigod, Baekhyun, this is all my fault. I promise that you I will never let you get hurt like this ever again, I swear." Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun's ear. The next thing Baekhyun did, surprised Chanyeol. Baekhyun lightly pushed Chanyeol away from him. Chanyeol was confused. Was Baekhyun mad at him?

The nurse sighed and said,"Mr. Park, I was trying to tell you this before. Mr. Byun has a very severe case of amnesia. He does not remember anything. He does not remember you, his family, his life, and he even forgot how to walk and speak.

Chanyeol just stood there in shock. Now, Chanyeol will never hear Baekhyun's beautiful crystal voice. It was his fault that now Baekhyun could permanently become a mute

"This can't be happening." Chanyeol replied, and slowly backed away from Baekyun and the nurse, "This is all jsut one big bad dream." He chuckled nervously before he collapsed on the floor.

The sunlight beamed against Chanyeol's face. Chanyeol's eyes fluttered open, and he was not in his room. This was not his bed. He was in the hospital. He turned around, and saw Baekhyun peacefully sleeping. How much chanyeol wanted to kiss that adorable face, was undescrible. The nurse entered the room.

"I am glad that you are awake, Mr. Park. Are you feeling better?" She questioned.

"Wh-What ha-happened?" He asked.

"I told you about the news of Mr. Byun, and you fainted. So, here you are now."She answered.

"Oh..." That was all Chanyeol could say, "Oh".

"So, what you said about my Bacon is true? He really lost all of his memory? Is he ever going to get his memory back?" He threw questions at the nurse.

"Yes, it is true, and he might get his memory back, but because of his severe state, he has a very low chance of getting his memory back." She sadly replied. Chanyeol bit his lip, and held back his tears. He got out of his bed, and slowly walked over to Baekhyun.

"Byun Baekhyun, when you wake up, you better tell me that this is a huge joke. Please tell me that all the memories that we had together, are not gone." Chanyeol said as salty tears fell down his face.  

"You should leave him alone. When he wakes up, you must take him home, and try to let him relax. Losing your memory can drive you insane. So, try to casually remind him things of the past." The nurse advised Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded while sobbing.

The next day...

"Okay, so here is the room you will be staying in. And over there is the kitchen and onto the right is the bathroom. To the left is the living room and next to it is my room. So this is where you will be staying at." Chanyeol showed their apartment to Baekhyun. The memories came back to Chanyeol, the time Baekhyun moved in. 

Flashback

"So this is going to be your bedroom. And over there is there is the kitchen and onto the right is the bathroom. To the left is the living room and next to it is my bedroom. And yeah, this is where we are going to start our forever together." Chanyeol smiled. He was the happiest person in the world. He got to be the person who he truly loved, Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled and began to unpack, and that was the beginning of there relationship.

Baekhyun nodded. The nurse has told Chanyeol that some of Baekhyun's memories were back, but it was only things like walking, and sitting. Baekhyun probably didn't even understand what Chanyeol was saying. Chanyeol sighed. Baekhyun's stomach grumbled, and it was so loud that Chanyeol was able to hear it. Wait here, I'll get you some food." Chanyeol left the room, and entered the kitchen. He decided to give Baekhyun a sandwich with ham cheese and, bacon. Chanyeol chuckled to himself. He brought the sandwich to Baekhyun. Baekhyun just stared at it, not knowing what to do. Chanyeol remembered that the nurse had told him that Baekhyun forgot how to do the simplest things such as eating. He brought the sandwich to Baekhyun's lips.

"Say ahhhh~" 

Baekhyun stares at him, and opened his mouth imitating Chanyeol. Chanyeol put the sandwich into Baekhyuns mouth, and Baekhyun closed his mouth, biting off the sandwich. 

"Good, now just keep doing that." He have the sandwich to Baekhyun, who held it for a moment and slowly began to eat it, still slightly confused. It took all of Chanyeol's guts and will to not cry. He couldn't believe that Baekhyun seriously forgot everything. He couldn't believe that he fogot about him. It upsetted Chanyeol to see his boyfriend like this. It pained his heart every time. 

A few weeks later

Chanyeol's hopes of Baekhyun's memories returning became higher. Baekhyun had learned to walk.

As another few weeks passed, Chanyeol's hopes were brought down. It was their first anniversary but Baekhyun did nothing but walk around the house. It was night and Baekhyun was about to go to sleep. Chanyeol and into his room. He helped Baekhyun get into bed and tucked him in as usual. Baekhyun saw that Chanyeol was upset, and frowned. 

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun, close to tears, and sang softly," Baby don't cry, tonight, after the darkness passes, Baby don't cry tonight, it will become as if nothing happened..." Chanyeol never really liked to sing, believing that his voice was to low for singing. But since it was their anniversary, and Baekhyun could not sing for him, Chanyeol sang as the tears slid down his face. He kissed Baekhyun's perfect soft plump lips and slowly walked out of the room. Just when he was about to shut the door, he heard someone singing in an angelic voice,"Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you~"

Chanyeol's eyes widened and quickly entered the room once again. 

"Baekhyun? Was-was th-that you?!"