10

Meanwhile, Unikitty was in her room, soundly asleep. She was dreaming about her and Master Frown. She smiled as she slept. It seemed to be a wonderful moment for her...

...until her alarm clock rang.

"AHHHHHHHHHH..." Unikitty woke up, feeling a little angry.

"Oh come on!" she groaned as she turned off her alarm clock. "We were watching the sunset and sharing a cup of smoothie..."

Unikitty rubbed her eyes and went to wash herself. When she was about to fly out of her room, she stumbled over something and fell. 

She did not like it.

"Oh, holy bingleberries!" she snapped. "What's wrong with me tod-" She stopped as she saw what she tripped over.

It was a book. A rather familiar book to Unikitty.

"Huh? Uhh... 'How To Find Out If Your Crush Likes You Back'?" Unikitty read the title. "Wow, this might come in handy! But how exactly did I get it?"

Well, the truth is-one of FeeBee's friends gave her this book. She liked it, so she accepted it. But as soon as she went home, she found a similar book on her table. She had forgotten that she bought this very book a few years ago at a Book Sale. Eventually, she had an idea and gave the book she received to the Princess the very next day. This incident happened about a year ago.

Unikitty started reading the book. She really enjoyed it, but she couldn't choose the perfect idea.

So, she decided to count to three and open the book to a random page.

"One, two, three!" Unikitty counted. She immediately looked down on the page she chose.

She liked the idea, but was hesitant. She chose it eventually, though.

Meanwhile on the streets of Frown Town, Master Frown was walking cheerfully and confidently, while holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of cupcakes.

He knew what he had to do.

Master Frown had been preparing for this very moment for hours and he did not want the practice to go to waste. He must succeed or he might lose his girl.

"Michael Elliot Frown, you CAN DO THIS!" mumbled Master Frown to himself repeatedly. "You CAN DO THIS!"

Master Frown thought this would become the happiest day of his life.

But, he was wrong.

As soon as he arrived at the Unikingdom, he saw Princess Unikitty hanging out with several male citizens.

Master Frown did not like it one bit.

The Princess seemed happy and enjoying herself, completely unaware of Master Frown's presence.

Master Frown did not give up hope. He took a deep breath and approached the Princess, hoping she would notice him.

Just while he's walking towards her, he heard the cries of a child. He looked down to find a robot kid sobbing.

Master Frown hesitated for a while, then he decided to approach the child instead. He kneeled down in front of her and asked,

"Hey there, little kid. What's your name?"

"Huh?" The little robot kid was a little frightened. "P-P-Penny... W-W-Who are you?"

"I am Michael." Master Frown replied with a soft and gentle voice. "Folks call me Master Frown."

"Master Frown? That's so sad..." Penny replied. "I feel bad for you..."

For the first time, Master Frown felt loved. Not from someone he knew-but he was deeply touched. He felt warmth inside his stone-cold body for once.

Master Frown smiled.

"Thanks, Penny." Master Frown thanked her and patted her on the head. Penny loved it, and she immediately warmed up to the Doom Lord.

Unikitty, who was talking with some guys at the moment, heard some giggling and turned around to see Master Frown having a sweet moment with a little robot girl.

Unikitty smiled. Tears could be seen welling in her eyes.

"Penny." Master Frown called her. "Why are you sad? Why the tears in your eyes?"

"I..." Penny replied. "I-I am lost. I... I am looking for my mommy... Can... can you help me? I-I'm scared..."

Penny was very frightened. She cried again.

Master Frown was instantly heartbroken. For the first time, he couldn't bear to see a child cry. Penny reminded him of his own childhood trauma, which he didn't want to talk or even think about it.

Master Frown did not want anything bad happening to Penny. He made up his mind. Holding the cupcakes and the bouquet in one hand, and Penny's little hand in his other, he tried desperately to look for her mother.

Minutes went, then half an hour, but no sign of her mother. Penny was about to cry once more. Master Frown felt that he's not doing the best he could, but he will not give up hope. Penny's mother must be found, he thought to himself.

Moments later, a woman's voice was heard from not far away.

"Penny? PENNY!!!" The voice called.

"Mommy?" Penny's eyes shone as she called for her mother.

"Penny? Penny!" Eventually, she heard her. "Penny... My darling..."

Penny ran towards her mother and hugged her. The both of them cried tears of joy, relieved upon their reunion.

Master Frown teared up as well. He too was relieved, and that he felt happy upon his first, and the most touching good deed he has done.

Penny's mother saw him standing in front of them. She went and held both of his hands.

"Oh, thank you, kind sir..." she thanked him. "My baby girl, you found her... Is there anything you need for return..."

"Well, you don't have to, madam." Master Frown replied. "For It's just an act out of kindness. Penny, she's a beautiful child. Do look out for her at any time, it's all I wished for."

"I will." The lady promised. "Thank you, mister..."

"You're welcome." Master Frown replied and turned to Penny. "Penny, remember to always hold your mommy's hand wherever you go, promise? Oh, and here's a little something for you."

Master Frown took out a cupcake and a rose, and gave them to an overjoyed Penny.

"I promise, Mister Frown, I promise!" Penny smiled sweetly Was for once. Master Frown smiled back and bid them goodbye.

Unikitty had seen everything. She couldn't hold in her tears any longer. She felt like she was being mean to him for once, and she deeply regretted it. She was about to approach him to apologise, while she heard something coming from Master Frown's mobile phone...

"FROWN!!! MY EVIL LAIR, NOW!!!"

All Unikitty could see was Master Frown leaving the Unikingdom with a worried and frightened look on his face. She felt something isn't right-as she followed him secretly from behind, hoping nothing bad will happen to her crush...