Chapter 15: Sky Rocketing Heels

Start from the beginning

Rolling my eyes, I kept walking.

We finally got to the house and walked right in. The front door was wide open.

The first smell that hit me was the stench of unturned stomachs because someone was vomiting by the door frame.

It was weird to say the least. I’ve only been to his room through the garage so I never had a chance to go in his actual house. It was ordinary and felt home-y. Even though I was practically a stranger in here, I felt comfortable fast.

“Well, who do we have here? I’m Michael.” A semi-attractive dude came up to us with a friendly smile.

“Where’s Avery?” Allison asked bluntly.

Well, damn.

“Probably hooking up with some girls? Who knows?” His smile didn’t falter, but he directed it to me since Ally dismissed him.

She took my index finger and held on to it as she directed us inside the house. We maneuvered around the people sloppily dancing in the corner and went into the kitchen.

“First off, we need drinks. When you’re at a party, alcohol is your best friend.” She took two empty cups from the stack and waved them around.

“That’s horrible advice and I’m not drinking. You aren’t either, you’re the driver.” I snatched the cups out of her hand.

“Oh one drink won’t hurt.” She snatched it back.

“Yes it will.” I took the cups and threw it across the room.

“How rude. I’m going to go find a cute guy to dance with. You should go find Avery.”

I rolled my eyes at her back as she walked away. But I followed her out and decided to see if I know anyone here.

My eyes scanned the crowd until I saw one in particular.

I made my way over to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Hey.” I beamed at Dylan.

“Hey back at you. You look good.” He said as he eyed me.

“Thanks.” I lightly blushed. “So how’s the party so far?”

“It’s okay. Just a regular party.” He answered. “What about you?”

“Oh, I just got here.” I said looking around.

“Cool. You wanna sit?” He motioned to the back of the house.

“Sure.”

He took my hand and pulled me through the house. His hand was clammy, but I didn’t pay much attention to it. I got a little nervous. Dylan was holding my hand in a room full of people that went to our school.

But no one really saw, that or they were too drunk to care.

We went to the backyard where there was a large pool and tables out.

Dylan tugged me in the direction of people sitting on the outdoor sofa.

“Hey guys.” He greeted them.

“Hey Dyl. Who’s your friend?” A girl in a towel asked.

“This is Grace. She’s my, um, girl.” He nudged me a smiled.

My heart fluttered at those words. But I didn’t feel the anxiety that used to accompany me whenever I was with Dylan. I don’t know if it’s a good thing.

“She’s so pretty!” The girl gushed. “Why have I never met her?”

“Um, I don’t know.” He awkwardly laughed and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. She noticed his small gesture and smiled bigger, if that was possible.